The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 30, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1
g20gunny

Springfield p9 IPSC Ultra question.

I have a springfield p9 ultra cz75 clone in 41ae and am in the market for a 9mm luger barrel and was wondering if its a true clone and can take barrels made for the cz75 or do I have to try to find a bbl made for a p9? If they are truly compatable than I'd be up for a straight trade with someone for a 9mm tube.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." --George Washington

Last edited by g20gunny; October 30, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old October 31, 2012, 03:10 PM   #2
RickB

I believe the P9 was made by Tanfoglio, so a Witness barrel would probably be a place to start.
Old October 31, 2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Andrewh

yeah, witness stuff fits, not cz.
I have an a p9 in 40 and a witness in 9mm and use the p8 slide and barrel on the witness frame.

for some reason the witness slide doesn't quite fit on the p9.
I just like the witness frame since it has more of a beavertail area and I don't get the hammer bite I do from the p9 frame.

Tags
41ae , 9mm , ipsc , springfield p9