The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old June 2, 2013, 03:33 PM   #1
ttarp

Marlin 80-DL

I recently pulled one of these out of a dark corner where it had been hiding for I'm not sure how many years. Has some rust, and its missing the magazine, but it seems like a solid little rifle and I've taken a bit of a fancy to it. Anyone have any experience with these or know where I might find a magazine for it?
Old June 2, 2013, 11:20 PM   #2
Craig010

I have two of these jewels that I picked up my kids. Used them to teach the kids marksmanship. Great little rifles that are reliable and easy to work on. MidwayUSA has magazines in stock for $13. You can usually find them on e-bay as well. Maybe a little cheaper there. ~Craig
Old June 3, 2013, 05:05 PM   #3
ttarp

Thanks for the input, I took it out to the range yesterday and it shoots 4-5" to the left at 50 yards. I haven't looked at how to adjust the sights yet but I'm assuming the front sight can be drifted over.
Old June 3, 2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Craig010

I want to say that is correct. I have micrometer sights installed on my kids rifles and never paid any attention to be honest. Your rifle should be pre-drilled and tapped for these sights as well. ~Craig