The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 15, 2008, 01:02 PM   #1
GLP Standard

You Tube instructor...

Anyone ever seen this guys videos before?

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...iNinja2&page=1

He has a lot of training videos (all short because hes limited for time) but theyre VERY informative. I wish I could learn tactics and techniques as he teaches. I can watch his videos all day long, but without someone to practice on, they wont help me.

This guy is living proof that knowledge is power, and size doesnt matter. If you have proper training and common sense, the smallest guy can take down even the largest assailant. This is where Id like to be. Id like to be able to say that Ive mastered a technique to disarm or takedown an assailant in any given situation. Must be nice to know how to defend yourself based on knowledge, and not sheer size of muscle

I'm sure these wont really impress any of the LEO's on the site, but for the average joe like myself, I think theyre pretty amazing and educational
Old January 15, 2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Oli

X 2.

Very informative, thanks.
Old January 28, 2008, 10:07 PM   #3
golf97

Thought I'd say thanks, these videos are great! I'm only about halfway through them but its time well spent.
Old January 28, 2008, 11:12 PM   #4
MyGunsJammed

wow....great and informative videos..... who needs guns afterall lol...

I wonder if I can impress a girl with these moves?

Quote:
I'm sure these wont really impress any of the LEO's on the site, but for the average joe like myself, I think theyre pretty amazing and educational
Impressed or not, and no disrespect the the LEO's on the forum, but I have a buddy who is a "martial arts" instructor who took down, and roughed up 5 LEO's on a beach in Spain one summer in a racially motivated "attack" (he's black, the white cops asked him rudely to get off the beach, and hit him unexpectedly behind the head with a walkie talkie when he didnt get up fast enough).... although the LEO's patrolling the beach were armed with walkie talkies and batons, it doesnt matter, as long as you know these basic self dense skills you can disarm and embarass someone attacking you with a baton....
Old January 31, 2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Bazooka Joe71

Bookmark.
Old January 31, 2008, 02:50 PM   #6
GLP Standard

I posted this same thread on another forum, and people brought it to my attention that there is a lot of talk going around about this guy. Apparantly hes getting a lot of critique from the martial arts community for calling his style something its not. I dont know the first thing about martial arts, so this really means nothing to me. People just basically warned me to be cautious about what I learn from on the internet, and that they would find a different source to learn from than this guy.

I dont think the issue is whether or not his techniques are practical, or realistic, or whatever you want to argue, I think the issue is just that he was calling his technique something it wasnt. That being said, I see nothing wrong with learning a few moves from the guy. I have to admit, some of his more complicated and technical videos seem unrealistic, but for the simpler moves as far as disarming a suspect, or restraining a disorderly suspect, I think everyone could learn a thing or two from the guy.

Im glad everyone enjoyed the videos as much as I did. I wouldnt mind practicing a few of his moves on someone, but I dont really have anyone that I can try them out with.
Old January 31, 2008, 07:03 PM   #7
MyGunsJammed

^^

Dont you have a bratty little brother or sister you can practice on?
Old February 1, 2008, 05:23 PM   #8
Mainah

Quote:
Dont you have a bratty little brother or sister you can practice on?
My younger brother should fall on his knees and thank God that youtube wasn't around when we were growing up.