The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 19, 2000, 06:05 AM   #1
Tree Rat

How much larger is the CV500 Dillon tumbler over the Midway 1292. I need another tumbler but am balking at getting the large CV2001 tumbler due to it's size. I do want something larger than the Midway unit though. Tree Rat.
Old October 20, 2000, 08:45 AM   #2
WESHOOT2

Buy two Midways...

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Old October 20, 2000, 02:04 PM   #3
El Rojo

And to add, buy two midways for just about the same price as one smaller Dillon tumbler.
Old October 20, 2000, 04:40 PM   #4
slickpuppy

Tree Rat,
I had considered the Dillon myself, but even I had to balk at the price compared to the Midway 1292. The reason I say this is that I usually buy Dillon regardless of the cost for big ticket items in the reloading gear.

Midway stands behind what it sells, too. This is one product where Dillon kinda misses the boat on pricing. I chose the Midway tumblers and they work like little champs.

This is one of the products where Dillon loses and others kick their tails. Not bashing Dillon at all. They simply need to rethink their baby tumbler pricing.
Old October 22, 2000, 07:45 PM   #5
JoeHatley

I bought a Midway 1292 last June. It stopped working last night. Called them and was told to send it back and they would repair or replace it, plus reimburse me for shipping.

If their promises become reality, that's pretty good service. Here's ta hopeing...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA