The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 17, 1999, 03:43 AM   #1
Fargo

Does anyone out there have any experience with the revolving cylinder 37mm guns with the folding stock that is being sold in Shotgun News? Is it junk? Is it worth buying?
Old February 17, 1999, 08:38 AM   #2
Rob Pincus

I have one of the M203 style tubes that the same company makes. I blew it up with a hand load. No really.... They sell these little plastic shells that you are supposed to load yourself... well, something went wrong and "Kablooey!".. busted the pastic grip that surrounded the tube into about 12 parts, a few of which embedded into my forearm, broke the latch that closes the thing and blew it right off the CAR-15 it was attached to. It singed most of the hair on my left hand/forearm and some of the hair on my right.

I've still got it, and I fired a "factory" (god knows what factory they make that stuff in, probably a fireworks factory...) round or two since then, but mostly it has just sat in a box with all its broken peices waiting for me to fix it.

Anyway... I think the rotary one looked a little stouter than the 203 style. Just be sure that you use the hold -String-on-the-trigger Method when you test your handloads.
Old February 17, 1999, 06:12 PM   #3
SKN

I haven't seen the ad in SGN but have had experience with both the Sage Ordnance & Penn Arms systems in less than lethal munition deployments. The Sage weapon is the more accurate at extended distances as the barrel has rifling to stabilize the projectile and its sighting system is superior. We have the smoothbore Penn Arms weapons because they were less expensive but fit the operational need for which we intend them. A rifled barrel attachment has recently become available for them.

[This message has been edited by SKN (edited February 19, 1999).]
Old February 19, 1999, 02:58 PM   #4
Mort

Rob: ow.