The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 4, 2012, 05:38 PM   #1
SunDog3478

Hello From New PPQ Guy

Just a hello before I start posting in other threads.

We took a family gun intro/safety private lesson on my wife's b-day this year 9/30. She thought it was the best present in a long time. I spent the next week or so shopping in local stores and reading all I could on the internet. Shot a couple of 9s - then decided to purchase one that I had not tried on the range (none available).

We bought the PPQ on 10/6 and have since put 450 rounds thruogh it as a family. All of us are becoming better shots each time we go to the range. We got $20 off due to discoloration on the slide lock lever:

I am now buying my ammo in bulk and looking at other aspects of shooting other than just the range and home defense. We plan on additional training as we go along.

We are very satisfied with the PPQ so far. I had an extremely limited experience with any firearms prior to our b-day outing. I have since shot a Glock 26 (range gun) and an XDm and a Sig P250 that belonged to employees of mine. Those fellows were very impressed with my choice for our first firearm - they both really loved the trigger.

So far - I really like your forum and am learning quite a bit.

Last edited by SunDog3478; November 4, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old November 4, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Mystro

Great to hear. You did very well because the PPQ is probably the the best Polymer hanging today. It's trigger sets a new standard. My poor Glocks and HK's are sitting the gun safe ever since I started shooting/carrying my PPQ.

Last edited by Mystro; November 4, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old November 4, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3
dayman

fantastic gun. The only problem I see is that it might spoil you for other poly 9's.
Old November 4, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4
loose_holster_dan

fantastic first weapon and great for carry.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old November 4, 2012, 07:05 PM   #5
sigarms228

Welcome to the Walther PPQ club! Glad to hear you really like it as I do mine.
Old November 4, 2012, 07:45 PM   #6
JFootin

Yes, welcome to the club! And you can welcome me. I have a PPQ on order. I'll have it in a few days. I am stoked! I have been spending hours reading on the Walther Forum, learning all I can. I have my CC permit and have a carry rotation of small, concelable firearms. The PPQ is a larger gun that I intend to use primarily as a home defense, nightstand gun.

Do you plan to get the needed training and permits, and start carrying? If so, I can make some recommendations based on my somewhat limited experience at exercizing my Second Amendment Right.
Old November 4, 2012, 07:55 PM   #7
RBid

Welcome!

As a PPQ owner, and as a gun dealer, I can say that going from a PPQ to most other pistols is like going from steak to a cafeteria hamburger. You bought a great firearm.