The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 12, 2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Drummer101

Addition to stock

I was at the pawn shop and they showed me this,
http://www.morganrecoilpad.com/servlet/StoreFront

$45 there.

I do need to adjust the stock a bit so this should be prefect and right now the recoil pad is hard plastic, yuck.

The guy at the shop had one on his gun and he brought it in to show me how it worked and all that. But his could rotate.

Is there anything I should be worried about with one of these? I am mounting to a synthetic stock.
Old August 12, 2011, 11:15 PM   #2
zippy13

Is there anything I should be worried about with one of these? I am mounting to a synthetic stock.
You'll have to trim the stock (unless you want a significantly longer LOP) to accommodate the Morgan. A synthetic stock can be more complicated than a wood one. Check your stock to be sure there is sufficient material at the butt. After you stock is shortened, you may have to add structural filler to adequately anchor the Morgan.
Old August 13, 2011, 12:50 AM   #3
T. O'Heir

"...to accommodate the Morgan..." Or any recoil pad. Like zippy13 says, you have to cut the stock enough to make up the LOP. Not all synthetic stocks are solid either.
"...mounting to a synthetic stock..." You'd best contact Morgan.
Old August 14, 2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Drummer101

I got an email back;

I have no knowledge of your specific gun - perhaps a gunsmith could help with your questions. I know Morgan pads have been fitted to guns with synthetic stocks. All Morgan recoil pads are adjustable as described on the website. Thanks for your interest.

Guess I might just have to take a gamble...