The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 17, 2013, 11:06 PM   #26
WyMark

Quote:
P.S. Can we talk the Broncos into moving north, also!
God I hope not.
Old February 17, 2013, 11:39 PM   #27
balyon85

Re: Magpul leaving Colorado?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBC View Post
Oh,my goodness,we would hear about it if they were laying off 200 teachers and closing some schools.
85 million in lost money to the state is sure going to hurt our already low funded schools.

Hurting our kids education with something not even proven to make them, or us safer. Sounds about right.
Old February 18, 2013, 01:57 PM   #28
Wrothgar

There's the vote. 1/3 of the way there... (I think there is a VERY slim chance Gov. Looper changes his mind for business reasons.)
Also, attached below is a JPG if anybody wants it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mag limit vote.jpg (20.2 KB, 27 views)
Old February 18, 2013, 02:00 PM   #29
Wrothgar

So if I'm going to move to Wyoming and work in CO (I have to, unfortunately), how does a CHL work? Wyoming is constitutional carry, they don't issue CHL's, right?
Old February 18, 2013, 03:40 PM   #30
JMP

Quote:
So if I'm going to move to Wyoming and work in CO (I have to, unfortunately), how does a CHL work? Wyoming is constitutional carry, they don't issue CHL's, right?
Wyoming does.

My wife and I are in Colorado once a week usually, never go more than two weeks without at least running down to Ft Collins. We got our Wyoming concealed carry permits just for this reason, there is state reciprocity between WY and CO.
Old February 18, 2013, 04:12 PM   #31
Wrothgar

Excellent! Thank you for the information.
Old February 18, 2013, 04:18 PM   #32
LockedBreech

I also grabbed my WY concealed carry license primarily for Colorado carry.
Old February 18, 2013, 04:28 PM   #33
Wrothgar

Also, before we move there, can I as an out of stater can I go to Wyoming and buy a gun with an out of state ID? Ya know, in protest of the gun tax here?
Old February 18, 2013, 09:14 PM   #34
WyMark

Don't know why not, I've bought a few in Colorado with my Wyoming ID.

I also got my Wyoming CCW primarily for reciprocity with CO.
Old February 19, 2013, 01:35 AM   #35
Auto426

Well the law passed both the Colorado senate and house, and the governor has shown support for the law since the very begging, so its basically a done deal for now. I'd like to offer condolences to all those from Colorado on this board who have just had their rights infringed upon. Best of luck fighting this unconstitutional travesty.

And to Magpul, I hear Louisiana is nice this time of year....
Old February 19, 2013, 02:09 AM   #36
Davey

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...A?opendocument

I see it only got past the house?
Old February 19, 2013, 03:28 AM   #37
mellow_c

Thanks to balyon85 for the direct link for sending Colorado's Governer a message on proposed gun legislation in our great state! Hopefully enough people will show opposition to these 4 bills and none of them will pass. May our state continue to be great.

I hate to say this, but I have seen more people moving to Colorado in the last 10 to 15 years from California than anywhere else. They are bringing their clouded restrictive views, and their votes with them! Everyone, please do your part, stay positive, and help out! Colorado has always been a symbol of freedom to our country. Imagine Colorado's image if any of this new restrictive legislation passes. Stand tall, make your voice heard, and get everyone you know involved. The line in the sand must be drawn.

Last edited by mellow_c; February 19, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old February 19, 2013, 09:51 AM   #38
Wrothgar

Well, I'm an Okie and I went to school in Texas and then I moved here. Texas was too hot and flat (and fat) for my liking... and the food was terrible. BUT, Wyoming is just up the road, and I don't see that changing much in the next few years.
Old February 19, 2013, 09:56 AM   #39
lcpiper

Yes Davey, the Colorado State Senate hasn't voted on the bills yet, but the Senate is firmly in Democrat control and although not all of the Dems in the Senate support this, most people think this part will be a shoe-in done deal.
Old February 19, 2013, 01:08 PM   #40
Auto426

Whoops, I was under the impression it passed both houses. However, as another poster said the Dems in the Colorado senate have control, I belive the numbers are around 20 Dems to 15 Republicans. They may not win every Dem over, but you likely also have to worry about some of the Republicans voting for it as well.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:17 PM   #41
dascottsman

Starting to not be such a happy place for me to live. I cannot even begin to tell you how dissappointed I am. but, boo hoo and all that. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end. How will they enforce a 15 round limit, and what good will it do? It will only hurt local buisnesses since they can no longer sell them(15+ rnd. mags).

Still, my Glock 23 with 2 extra mags still can keep me warm wherever I am, with 40 rounds to feed it.....
Old February 19, 2013, 05:21 PM   #42
BigD_in_FL

Quote:
I hate to say this, but I have seen more people moving to Colorado in the last 10 to 15 years from California than anywhere else. They are bringing their clouded restrictive views, and their votes with them!
Also happened when I lived in NV. They want to escape what they feel is a bad living scenario, but then they vote to change their new home into what they fled. made a mess of Reno and the housing market there.

One thing I saw - these folks get into their agendas and they vote, so folks need to be diligent and counter any 2A attacks by getting the message AND the vote out
Old February 19, 2013, 05:38 PM   #43
lcpiper

They also like to make the world a better place when they get into the housing associations. Just two couples got in where we own a condo in Tucson. First they got on the HOA council, then one was made president.

We had several straight years of increasing HOA fees followed by ... go ahead and guess..... They got bored of running it themselves and hired a business to do it for them. Now part of our fees are this company's profit line.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:44 PM   #44
rock185

Reference the loss of jobs/revenue in Colorado, or anywhere else Liberals, I mean "Progressives", advocate and vote for more restictive gun control, Loss of jobs and revenue comes in a very distant second to the desire to restrict anything related to guns. It is a tenet of the Liberal/Progressive faith that guns are bad and the "Gun Cultue" must be eliminated. Loss of revenue matters little, valid, logical arguments against resrictions matter Not At All. They fully realize they have the momentum to pass Draconian restrictions and they are going to do everything in their power to make it happen at Federal, State and Local levels...
Old February 19, 2013, 05:54 PM   #45
22-rimfire

I hope Magpul shuts down production immediately in CO and moves to a gun friendly state. When the employees whine... they can point out that they are doing exactly what they said they would do. Talk to your legislators. Blame them, not Magpul.
Old February 19, 2013, 08:32 PM   #46
Slotback

The astute chamber of commerce types should have them on speed dial.
Old February 19, 2013, 09:07 PM   #47
wet

I hope magpul considers Idaho as we are verry gun friendly, and a large ammunition supplier.
Old February 19, 2013, 10:07 PM   #48
Elker_43

Consider Idaho

This was the letter I sent Magpul two days ago:

Dear Sirs,

I have recently read about your possible move from the State of Colorado if the legislature passes one or more gun control laws. I am a retired individual having fled the State of California 9 years ago because of the harsh laws and settled in the State of Idaho after researching the laws and politics of many states including Colorado.

Please consider Idaho as a possible relocation point. The areas within the state are in many cases very simular to the climate and activities that you have in Colorado.Hunting, fishing, and shooting sports are large in our state. I live in the northern part of the state near Coeur d'Alene and I know the people and the area would welcome you with open arms. There is a location south of here near Moscow which has been promoting their area for arms and ammunition companies to consider as a possible site. A large company, Buck Knives fled California a couple of years ago and relocated to Post Falls, Idaho. The terms were so good for the company that they moved a great majority of their employees to Idaho.

I am sure that you have already contacted various State representatives of other States in your preliminary inquiries and I hope that Idaho has been one of those.

Once agaiin, please consider Idaho as your selection.

XXXXXX XXXX
Retired Lockheed Martin Engineer
Harrison, Idaho

Last edited by Elker_43; February 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old February 19, 2013, 11:10 PM   #49
breakingcontact

Quote:
Texas was too hot and flat (and fat) for my liking
ha! I'm in ATX where people are very fit. I notice when I go outside of town just a bit, people are more than a bit bigger, but about 10x more friendly too.

Hope MAGPUL bails on Colorado. We could use more light manufacturing here in Austin, come on down!
Old February 19, 2013, 11:28 PM   #50
bustersmaster

The "progressive" mindset of many in Colorado does not surprise me. I left the state in 1967 after returning from VN to a most hostile reception.
The state has an undeserved reputation of rugged individualism and the liberal persuasion of the voters since then has resulted in a lot of "lefties" in the government.
It's a sad day for gun owners and fans of the constitution in Colorado. I take no pleasure in the demise of God given rights anywhere.