The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 23, 2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Dustin0

SBR Build quuestions

I have been playing with idea of building an AR15 SBR. Can I take any stripped lower and fill out form 4(I think). Have they get it signed mail it and wait.

My questions are.
Can I use any stripped lower and get it registered?
Can I order my parts kit before I get my paper work back?

On A side note I was thinking of getting the Kit from J&T has any used their kits before.
Old February 23, 2010, 02:21 PM   #2
David Hineline

If building it yourself it will be on ATF form 1 which you can fill out from this website http://www.titleii.com you will need 2 ATF fingerprint cards, one form 5320.30 to certify your citizenship, after the forms are filled out you goto your city/county/state police and have the cheif sign the forms, then all off to the ATF for processing, takes about 4 months then the forms come back to you approved.

Untill you get the approved form back you should not have any parts that you have no legal use for, so the barrel should be stored off site out of your control or not ordered untill the forms are approved.