The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 11, 2012, 04:26 PM   #176
manta49

Quote:
Quote. Just a reminder. It gets difficult to know where the person you're quoting leaves off, and where you start. It's not difficult to learn

I am working on it.

Last edited by manta49; November 11, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old November 11, 2012, 04:32 PM   #177
Sparks1957

In the reply box, it's in the bottom row of tools, right next to the # button. Looks like a dialogue box with print in it. Cut-and paste the quote into the reply box, highlight the quote, then hit that button... voila!

Try it, now!
Old November 11, 2012, 04:37 PM   #178
manta49

Edit.
Old November 11, 2012, 04:38 PM   #179
manta49

Quote:
In the reply box, it's in the bottom row of tools, right next to the # button. Looks like a dialogue box with print in it. Cut-and paste the quote into the reply box, highlight the quote, then hit that button... voila!

testing now. Sorted i think thanks for your help easy when you know how.
Old November 11, 2012, 04:40 PM   #180
Sparks1957

Hey! See how easy that was?
Old November 11, 2012, 06:53 PM   #181
Jammer Six

I teach students that carrying a weapon is an exercise in either fear or duty.

I tell them that I carry because I'm a coward, and if I were a brave man, I'd walk around un-armed.
Old November 11, 2012, 07:52 PM   #182
Brit

manta49

But you give your address as N-Ireland, yes? I know in Belfast they still have gun clubs, and cops go armed. I had a friend in Canada, he was Ex Royal Marines, 15 years, 7 years in the RUC.

Till he became sick of the danger to him, and his family. Moved to Toronto.

Tough BXXTARD! His next door neighbor, is an Irish Catholic! They pass bears over the fence! Leave it behind at the Airport.
Old November 12, 2012, 12:52 AM   #183
wayneinFL

Quote:
@ Glenn...didnt see the little winky smile the first time. If it was a joke...ha ha ha. I took it as a dig. Either way Im completely comfortable with my method and not losing sleep over it despite how adiment some of you speak up against it. I have a child...I play with her after work & roll around....having a loaded Glock C1 at my waist isnt smart. Period.
I've seen cops knocked to the ground wrestling with suspects and their guns didn't leave the holster and didn't discharge in the holster. I'm not saying everyone needs a level 3 retention holster, but if yours isn't secure enough to play with your child, you might want to consider whether you're going to lose your gun in a life or death struggle with a grown man. Not telling you what to do, but you just might want to re-evaluate it.

Quote:
@ Jammer, glad to bring a smile to someone's face inadvertently. I dont mind a laugh at my own expense but its when these old school guys get all ruffled at the notion that I think its ridiculous to carry 24/7 and attempt to belittle me with jokes about being "conflicted" or "scared" of my carry system. My system works for ME.
I think a lot of the animosity comes down to this:

Do you think it's ridiculous for YOU to carry at home? Or do you think it's ridiculous for OTHERS to carry at home? I see some are trying to reassure you that you're safe carrying with a round chambered or you're safe carrying at home, given the proper training and proper holster. But it's up to YOU to decide what to do for yourself.
Old November 12, 2012, 06:02 AM   #184
Rifleman1952

Manta

Quote:
People here have the right to defend themselves using whatever comes to hand firearms included.
The home owners in London with the steak knife and hammer have a right to defend themselves. That's not the point. The question is; can they defend themselves with a handgun? I'm certain I read somewhere that the only handguns permitted to be legally sold in the Rep of Ireland now are .22 rimfire. Can you obtain a concealed carry permit in the Rep. of Ireland? If one has to travel into a high crime area for business or to visit a relative, can you travel with a handgun in your vehicle? It seems to me, people living in such places, even here in the United States (in some cities and states), really only have a very limited right to defend themselves, as prescribed by their rulers.
Old November 12, 2012, 07:59 AM   #185
Tinner666

Quote:
A few pages back I posted about how Ive made significant progress with carrying my G26 condition-1 and carrying in more places that I didnt before. I appreciate all of your responses - its helped my confidence moving ahead and my anxiety is truly at a minimum now
Sounds like you're there! Good to see it. (Offer to BS still stands.)
Old November 12, 2012, 10:10 AM   #186
Glenn E. Meyer

I think we have discussed the issue enough and the OP has had his questions and anxieties thorough answered and analyzed.

So, I'm closing it. Thanks to all who aided in guiding the OP on a path to enlightenment.

GEM