The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 4, 2013, 08:54 PM   #51
Joe_Pike

Quote:
Currently trying to pick a gun to trade for an XDs, but it's soooo hard!!
I traded a S&W 13-2 with a 4" barrel for one of those. I had to pay some to boot and several people said I was crazy, but I sure don't regret it. That was back n November and the shop still hasn't sold that revolver. I'm a little surprised about that.
Old January 4, 2013, 10:35 PM   #52
SIGSHR

Have sold several that I regret . I don't miss the S&W M-59, or the blued 4" Ruger Security Six or the Charter Arms Undercover.
Old January 5, 2013, 11:54 AM   #53
stantheman1976

Only once. I had a Taurus TCP that I bought at the beginning of the year that was not reliable. For this reason I knew for a fact that I'd never carry it.

I also had a North American Arms .22 that had a belt clip. My late father had given it to me several years back and I had shot it a bit. It was not very accurate and I knew I'd never use it either.

I figured there was no reason to have 2 guns I was not emotionally attached to and would never use. So I sold both to one person to fund the purchase of a Ruger SR9c and LC9. I have no regrets as I use both of these regularly and did tons of research before I bought them.

The other guns I have are older ones that have been given to me or passed down and do hold emotional attachment so I'll never get rid of those.
Old January 5, 2013, 12:14 PM   #54
FLChinook

I wish I hadn't started reading this thread. Just when I'm able to forget my great purge of 1962, the memories come flooding back. OK, I was embarking on college at a time when people paid for things before getting them and worked harder (it seems) to get them.

But I sold my Winchester 52 with Redfield iron sights that had seen me through all the years of junior smallbore competition and still had bluing you could see your reflection in. Also a great ... Oops, this this a pistol section; not rifle...

Only sold one pistol; a Ruger SP101 that just had too much recoil with 357 mag stuff for me to enjoy. Now I have a wonderful S&W 66-3 with 3" barrel that fills that need.

Hey, I'm starting to forget about the Win 52.... NOT!