The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 18, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1
E,T,

need to have a Charles Daly fixed

Does anyone know if there is anyone who bought out Charles Daly and is doing warranty work. I bought one that has never been fired and the extractor has broken? Someone today told in a local gunshop that they were bought out by a new co. and that they were doing warranty work from before they aquired the co. If anyone can find out how to reach them,please let me know.I don't want to use it for a boat paddle. Thank You !!!!! E,T, South Ms.
Old July 18, 2011, 08:46 PM   #2
orionengnr

What type of CD, specifically?

I have seen CD 1911 clones, BHP clones, several shotguns...
If you know what it was a clone of, you can probably find parts. For example, if it is a 1911 clone, there are a number of 1911 extractors available.

As a side note, the one CD I owned was a 1911, and did not work at all when I bought it. I learned a bit about 1911s working on it.
Old July 18, 2011, 09:33 PM   #3
jonnyc

"a boat paddle"

Me thinks it was a shotgun. Otherwise it would make a really crappy paddle.
Old July 19, 2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Goatwhiskers

The company that imported Charles Daly brand has gone out of business and whatever parts they had have been bought by Numrich (e-gunparts). The guns were made in Turkey and apparently the Turks have some problems with metallurgy as I have seen them with broken extractors, operating handles, locking bolts, and operating slides (automatic types). People buy them because they are cheaper than a lot of guns, but you pay for quality. As far as I'm concerned they are junk, not worth spending money on, and when they come in my shop it's an automatic turn-down. Here endeth the lesson. Goatwhiskers the Elder
Old July 19, 2011, 09:32 AM   #5
johnbt

Who made it and what model is it? Was it made in Japan, Italy, etc.?