The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old November 29, 2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Thiokol

Bigjim3: From good seller to thief

I really hate to do this over $25.00 but if that's all his reputation and integrity are worth to him, I have no choice but to warn you that Bigim3, aka Patrick Walters is no longer the trustworthy seller that he had been in the past.

Before agreeing to buy a holster from him, I checked the feedback section to see if anyone had previously dealt with him and all seemed well. I paid him with a USPS money order on November 5th for a Don Hume holster for a Sig P238 and he told me that he would send the holster on the 8th. He then told me that he sent it with tracking and insurance and that he would send the tracking number to me. He never sent the tracking number and when I reminded him that I had not received the holster nor the tracking number, he then told me that he lost the paperwork so he wouldn't be able to give me the tracking number or be able to file a claim. I seriously doubt that he ever sent the holster in the first place. So, after waiting a couple of weeks, I asked him to return my money, which he agreed to do. Unfortunately, he never sent the refund either. And, he doesn't respond to emails or PM's any longer. Obviously, something must have happened to turn him from a good seller into a thief.

If, by any chance, the funds ever turn up, which I sincerely doubt that they ever will, I will retract this and offer an apology. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Last edited by Thiokol; November 29, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old December 10, 2010, 11:09 AM   #2
calljon

Same Thing over Walther PPS Mags

Man I am sorry, if I would have posted my feedback it would have saved you your $25, but I had the same experience with him. I have been trying to give him the benefit of a doubt but he won't respond to me either. He fed me some garbage about having kidney stones and then he claims he sent the mags to the wrong address and then admitted to getting them back but never sent them to me. He then said he would send a refund but never did that either. I have his phone number and address and have tried to call him but he won't answer the phone. This has all been going on since the end of June!!!

Honestly it's not the $35 he took from me, it's the fact that he lies. As I said I kept giving him the benefit of a doubt after reading your experience I know he's a no good seller!!
Old December 10, 2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Thiokol

He told me that he sent the holster on November 8th with insurance & tracking. When I asked for the tracking number, he said that he lost the receipt but that he would send me a refund. So far, I've received NADA.
Old December 10, 2010, 11:47 AM   #4
deercop

FYI, he told me a while back that he worked as a repairman in the Courthouse and Jail in Jefferson Co, AL. You might try contacting him through the Jefferson Co Sheriff's Office.
Old December 10, 2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Thiokol

Quote:
FYI, he told me a while back that he worked as a repairman in the Courthouse and Jail in Jefferson Co, AL. You might try contacting him through the Jefferson Co Sheriff's Office.
Thanks for the information.
Old December 10, 2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Bigjim3

refund

Hello Sir here is the tracking number for your refund.. again im sorry for any problems this might have caused. USPS 0310-1230-0001-2542-9885 feel free to call or email me. Thanks
Jesus according to Luke:22:36: Then said he unto them, ,,,,,, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one......... Thomas Jefferson: "No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Old December 11, 2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Thiokol

Quote:
Hello Sir here is the tracking number for your refund.. USPS 0310-1230-0001-2542-9885.
The post office has no record of this tracking number.
Old December 11, 2010, 01:40 PM   #8
JohnKSa
Staff

You have to enter it without the dashes.
Label/Receipt Number: 0310 1230 0001 2542 9885
Expected Delivery Date: December 13, 2010
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222 facility on December 10, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

--Processed through Sort Facility, December 10, 2010, 10:57 pm, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222
--Acceptance, December 10, 2010, 5:03 pm, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35210
Old December 11, 2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Thiokol

DUH!!! I guess that I just had another brain fart.

My apologies to Patrick.
Old December 12, 2010, 12:54 AM   #10
calljon

BigJim3 Followed Through

I wanted to let you guys know that Patrick Walters (aka BigJim3) shipped me my stuff yesterday and it arrived today. Everything was perfect and the condition of my items exceeded my expectations. Not sure what took so long but everything is right on my end now. I hate that it had to come to this but hopefully Thiokol will get his stuff too.
Old December 14, 2010, 02:55 PM   #11
Thiokol

I received a refund today and wanted to publicly that Patrick for doing the right thing. As far as I'm concerned, this episode is closed.

Having said that, and after speaking with Patrick on the phone, I don't believe that he intentionally tried to scam anyone. And, if he ever posts anything for sale that I would be interested in, I would definitely consider purchasing from him.
Old December 14, 2010, 08:52 PM   #12
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Good to know there's members out there that have made things right and members that remain forgiving to provide an objective closure.

Closed at member's request.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread