The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 20, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Sheriff Gotcha

"12 Killed in Shooting at Colorado Theater"

I didn't see another thread about this so I wanted to bring it up for discussion. (Move or delete as necessary please)

12 Killed in Shooting at Colorado Theater

Things like this make me want to learn how to properly carry and use my firearm. I started out with this hobby of shooting without the intention of carrying, but this right here scares the ba-jesus out of me. Can you not even go out to enjoy yourself anymore at all in this world?

Anyone think the 'gas' was a factor keeping those that were carrying, if there was anyone, from taking and making an accurate shot at this guy?

My thoughts go out to those who were harmed and effected as well as the families of those who were lost.
Old July 20, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Glenn E. Meyer

It is my call for the moment to put this on hold.

We don't have enough info to discuss motivation. We can all propose tactics and what we would have done - and that all might be hot air in the horror show of a crowded dark venue with gas and an armored assailant.

We can all vent about the attacks on the RKBA that will occur or speculate on motives.

But we don't know.

We don't want multiple threads to spring up.

I've asked other staff for how we should handle this - so I'm closing it for our decision.

Till then turn your hearts and prayers for the victims.

Glenn