The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 7, 2012, 08:16 PM   #1
nittany9

Anyone use real deal guns?

As the title says, has anyone ever used realdealguns.com? I ordered a pistol through them back in the end of March. It was the best deal I could find, and I couldn't find any negative reviews about them. I was expecting a delay, as the pistol was a ruger and they stopped filling new orders in April, however, this is getting ridiculous. I've spoken directly to a sales guy multiple times and he has told me "It looks like we should be getting those in next week" but then I hear nothing.. They have not been answering my calls lately, though after leaving a message a couple of weeks ago I got a message online through their system saying there was an issue with the phone system, they could not answer phone calls but were working on "allocating my firearm".
So, did I get scammed? I'm about to go everywhere online I can and tell people not to order from them, but I feel like if it were a scam I never would have been able to speak to anyone at all. The fact that I've talked to the guy a bunch of times gives me some hope. I'm just very frustrated at this point.
Old August 7, 2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Vermonter

never heard of em or used em

That site looks super simple and low budget. I am not saying for sure you got scammed but you never know. My bet and gut feeling tells me they are legit just not a big enough player to get top priority on allocated or back ordered items.

What was the pistol? If you got it for a good enough deal to be worth the wait then I would say no issue. If you only paid a few dollars off the larger sellers I would say it wasn't worth the risk.

Good Luck, Vermonter
Old August 8, 2012, 01:17 AM   #3
willmc33

Has it been the same guy you have talked to a few times? They have to have some other form of contact. The end of March is insane of a wait. I would do all I could to get someone on the phone and I would demand my money back. If they refuse i would get who ever I had to involved to get my money back. I hate that your going through it but thank you for sharing it. I wont ever buy from them. Stay on them and good luck.
Old August 8, 2012, 06:07 AM   #4
lmccrock

Have you already paid them? If so, ask for a refund. If not, cancel.

Not sure about Ruger specifically, but generally manufacturers run batches. A batch of this, change tooling, a batch of that. They do not continuously run everything. If what you want is not in stock, it might be 6 months or a year before it shows up. And if your dealer does not get "allocation", then wait for the next batch.

Good luck.
Old August 18, 2012, 11:54 PM   #5
GTL

Hi there. I got here from a "real deal guns" Google search and I registered just to post this (I generally like shooting more than posting about shooting and I don't spend much time "hanging out" on the Internet these days). Anyway, to anyone thinking about dealing with RealDealGuns, I'd say, "Run away!"

The gun I ordered went from 24-48hrs, to 7-10 days, to next week, to next Monday, to any day now, to...an endless stream of B.S...for over 3 months.

During this time, I talked to some other shops and learned the situation. The guns were completely out of circulation. Everyone was waiting on a new shipment from the manufacturer. Once I knew the guns had hit the states because they were showing up in shops' inventories, I gave R.D.G. a couple of weeks, cancelled my order, and got it from Bud's who had it in stock. I highly doubt R.D.G. got enough units to fulfill their orders (they kept telling me that they ordered 50 but they probably got only a few from their distributor). I think these guys (this guy?) will say whatever they have to to hang onto your money.

Even worse: after cancelling, I gave them about a month to credit my card--all-the-while getting the phone system down excuse (this was a couple of months ago), "the credits are getting rejected...this never happens", etc.--and finally had to call the card company to dispute the charge.

My order still says "Awaiting fulfillment". Ha!

Incidentally, Bud's was OK. There were some mistakes and delays but nothing like R.D.G. I checked resellerratings.com though and it does seem like quite a few people have problems. They do a lot of volume though. Based on what I know now (resellerratings.com and getting no-B.S. straight talk on the phone about hard-to-find guns), I think my next online firearm purchase will be at grabagun.com

-GTL
Old August 19, 2012, 02:40 AM   #6
TennJed

if we knew what model Ruger it would help. Some Rugers are are to come by but some are in every store I go in
Old August 23, 2012, 03:15 PM   #7
bill myers

real deal guns

i believe we just got scammed they dont even answer phone any more
Old August 27, 2012, 06:55 PM   #8
nittany9

Thanks for all the replies everyone.. The pistol I had ordered is a Ruger sr9c. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good enough deal to warrant ordering it online but all the negative reviews started showing up a few months after I placed the order. I actually saw the pistol in a Gander Mountain near me a couple of weeks ago. I would have jumped on it if only I had my money back!

So update: I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone at realdealguns lately. They completely stopped answering phone calls and have not responded to emails or calls requesting to cancel my order and issue a refund.

I'll be contacting my credit card company tomorrow to see what can be done. Since I'm a life member I was thinking about also contacting NRA's legal team if it comes down to that. I'm not sure what they would do, if anything, but might be worth a shot if I can't get my money back.
Old August 27, 2012, 09:42 PM   #9
TennJed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany9 View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone.. The pistol I had ordered is a Ruger sr9c. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good enough deal to warrant ordering it online but all the negative reviews started showing up a few months after I placed the order. I actually saw the pistol in a Gander Mountain near me a couple of weeks ago. I would have jumped on it if only I had my money back!

So update: I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone at realdealguns lately. They completely stopped answering phone calls and have not responded to emails or calls requesting to cancel my order and issue a refund.

I'll be contacting my credit card company tomorrow to see what can be done. Since I'm a life member I was thinking about also contacting NRA's legal team if it comes down to that. I'm not sure what they would do, if anything, but might be worth a shot if I can't get my money back.
The SR9c is a very easy to get gun around my area (Memphis). All stores keep them in stock

Good luck
Old September 5, 2012, 10:27 AM   #10
Mr. Clark Kent

I to have been had!

I ordered (and paid ) for a 22 slide for my Glock. I was told to wait. But it has been 13 weeks. No response to 2 emails.

I think the guy is a crook.

My charge card went through an insurance agency for payment?

I'm calling them today. CK

Called, got an answer machine. Said to leave message and they would get back to me. I didn't leave a message.

Last edited by Mr. Clark Kent; September 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old September 5, 2012, 07:34 PM   #11
waymore

wow, not good. call your credit card company for sure. no company should bill until product has shipped.
Old September 5, 2012, 10:10 PM   #12
nittany9

Well I called my credit card company last week and they are performing an investigation.. Now just waiting to see how that goes.
Old September 5, 2012, 10:44 PM   #13
Budda

This gun fraud and the ATF would LOVE to hear from you guys.
Old September 6, 2012, 08:39 PM   #14
bedbugbilly

I'd see what the credit card company can do - if nothing, then find out the county/state they are in - document everything and contact the prosecuting attorney;s office and file a complaint with them. to be put on "back order" is one thing - to not allow a customer the opportunity to remove their name from a back order nor allow the opportunity for a customer tho maintain reasonable communications is just plain bad business practices . . . . to charge a customer's credit card before being able to deliver in a reasonable length of time or charging a customer's credit card and not delivering the product at all is probably going to be considered and interpreted as internet fraud . . . you may not be the only one and unless a complaint is made, there can be no follow up or resolution. Good luck and hopefully this can be resolved and you can get your money back.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old September 20, 2012, 12:18 PM   #15
swatman82

10,000+ Happy Customers Etc.

RealDealGuns is a real company and has over 10,000 happy customers from what I know. I know that they have had some major phone issues this past couple of weeks that they are getting fixed. All orders are shipped within 24-48 hours of them being placed and I have had a lot of great experience with them. Every company no matter who it is will always have some questionsable reviews especially with over 10,000 customers. Mistakes happen, order mistakes happen. I know from personal experience that they are here to help any way they can. They sell over 100+ guns per week and ship 100+ guns per week. Contact them at [email protected] if you have any questions or need to talk to someone. Since they are having phone issues they will get back to you.
Old September 20, 2012, 12:21 PM   #16
swatman82

Bill Myers didnt get scammed he got a refund

Bill Myers didnt get scammed he got a refund through PayPal. If people are going to bad mouth a company they should tell the truth. PayPal has refunded him in full as soon as he cancelled his order.
Old September 20, 2012, 12:39 PM   #17
RamItOne

looks like the best thing RDG has done was get TFL some new members
Old September 20, 2012, 03:20 PM   #18
nittany9

Quote:
RealDealGuns is a real company and has over 10,000 happy customers from what I know. I know that they have had some major phone issues this past couple of weeks that they are getting fixed. All orders are shipped within 24-48 hours of them being placed and I have had a lot of great experience with them. Every company no matter who it is will always have some questionsable reviews especially with over 10,000 customers. Mistakes happen, order mistakes happen. I know from personal experience that they are here to help any way they can. They sell over 100+ guns per week and ship 100+ guns per week. Contact them at [email protected] if you have any questions or need to talk to someone. Since they are having phone issues they will get back to you.
More like major phone issues for around 4 months, which seem to have completely shut down all communications with customers. Emailing their sales department also got me no response. I got every impression that it was a legitimate company. However, it seems now that it's more than just an "order mistake" as they took my money, never sent what I ordered, and now are ignoring all correspondence and requests for a refund. I'm also apparently far from the only one who this has happened to. To me, this is the sign of a company that deserves whatever "bad-mouthing" it gets. Especially since I've seen no evidence of the 10,000 happy customers.
That said, if you somehow know a way to get into contact with someone there, let me know. I'd love to talk to them and actually have my order fulfilled since they already have my money. At this point I'm still waiting to see what my credit card company is able to do. Until then, I will urge everyone to avoid RealDealGuns at all cost.
Old September 20, 2012, 03:42 PM   #19
swatman82

Contact Them

They do have 10,000+ customers. Dont know how else to say it. Email them at [email protected] they will contact you back. I do not know about phone issues for 4 months but I do know it has been the past couple of week. Just give them a quick email and they will respond. All is well over there. I get orders from them all the time.
Old September 20, 2012, 03:44 PM   #20
cannonfire

sounds like the owner is surfing the internet trying to speak highly of his company so that he can scam more people...

Only explanation I got from a guy who gets angry within his only two posts about RDG. Ha!

Wait. Did you just look at someone's internet ID, which may or may not be his real name, and then tell everyone the shipment status? What kind of business is that?
Old September 20, 2012, 03:48 PM   #21
swatman82

Things Happen

I actually know the owner and got ahold of him and told him about it. He told me that and I called the guy out on it since he was saying he did not get his refund. I mean come on guys there is bound to be with any company when you have that many orders a handful of messups. I can name tons of reputable companies that have been around a while that I have had bad issues with but have also shopped again and its been perfect. Just saying......
Old September 20, 2012, 04:29 PM   #22
TennJed

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatman82 View Post
I actually know the owner and got ahold of him and told him about it. He told me that and I called the guy out on it since he was saying he did not get his refund. I mean come on guys there is bound to be with any company when you have that many orders a handful of messups. I can name tons of reputable companies that have been around a while that I have had bad issues with but have also shopped again and its been perfect. Just saying......
Why doesn't the owner contact the person himself instead of giving his name and personal info to a 3rd party (really bad business practice and possibly illegal) or better yet why doesn't the owner contact the person that has waited 4 months? Why don't you tell the owner about the missing 22 slide and have him straighten it out. Would not take long and might get some positive post on here about it.

Just saying.....
Old September 20, 2012, 04:36 PM   #23
swatman82

Straightening it out!

He will be more than happy to straighten everything out I know. He just needs to know who needs assistance and he will assist them. He also needs to know so he can find out what customer service agents are dropping the ball. If they email him he will call them directly. I will talk to him about it and tell him that I made that promise for him. i know he will not be against it at all.
Old September 20, 2012, 04:41 PM   #24
TennJed

That sounds like a start, but the more I think about it, the fact that you had someone's full name and payment/shipping status because you are a friend of the owner does not sit well with me. I personally will avoid doing business with a company that handles customer info that way. " calling someone out" on the Internet is immature, childish, and not professional. Even if the person "deserves it"
Old September 20, 2012, 07:39 PM   #25
swatman82

FFL

That is just where the FFL is registered at. Call the ATF and Law Enforcement for what? Sorry just a friend not the owner.....if someone had a problem with a transaction and they contacted their credit card company it was taken care of. Called a customer by name out? That was his screen name.....this is starting to get childish. Like I said, the owner said to contact him via [email protected] and he will personally call them and straighten everything out for the customers that have had issues.
Closed Thread

Tags
online deals , realdealguns , website