The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 9, 2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Eskimo

The new gun ban is BS until proven otherwise

For those of you who don't know, there is a flood of CT's (conspiracy theorists) trying to scare us all out of our wits. Everyone seems to be blowing everything way out of proportion, and I believe it to be one of the main reasons that the USA is going downhill.

For those of you who have heard of the new proposed gun ban.. consider it complete BS until there is unbiased proof. Every site that I have seen talking about this new gun law are pro-civil rights websites that are completely biased and have no regard for the truth. They cannot produce a source or proof for almost ANYTHING that they claim. Bottom line.. be very careful about who you believe on the internet.

If you see an unbiased source about this gun law, please let us know.. I searched for a while and never found one.
Old January 9, 2009, 09:36 PM   #2
ZeSpectre

History is merely a list of surprises. It can only prepare us to be surprised yet again. - Kurt Vonnegut:
Old January 9, 2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Smallgame2100

Welcome to America.
Nothing is ever said as how it will be.

Every media source will blow everything out of proportion.
Old January 9, 2009, 10:03 PM   #4
JOey_K

Heck, I look at it as an excuse to buy more guns...

I got to get them before they take them from me!!!

lol...
Old January 9, 2009, 10:56 PM   #5
harrydog

Pro-civil rights websites? That makes them untrustworthy? Are you anti-civil rights? I don't follow your reasoning.
The anti-gun crowd is alive and well and emboldened now that they have a sympathetic President and Congress in place. I think it's foolish to think that there will not be some sort of gun control legislation that they try to enact.
Complacency is dangerous.
Old January 9, 2009, 11:44 PM   #6
MeekAndMild

Eskimo, I'm starting to wonder about the possibility that in today's market the manufacturing, retail sales, shipping and support business generated by the fear of the gun ban might be one of the few things preventing total economic collapse.

Right now there are more UBRs changing hands than Wiis, plasma tvs and Prada foo foo. Stopping the stampede might plunge the US into a 20 year depression.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old January 9, 2009, 11:46 PM   #7
hillbillyshooter

I think it is safe to say that the antigunners will attempt to pass, at minimum, the same bill that they have presented time and time again, which breaks down to a reworded klinton gun ban. Not saying it will pass, but it is silly to think that this is not the attempt. If you don't believe these civil rights websites, maybe you should look at the mecca of anticivil rights pages and google the brady campaign and read a little up on their cause. If you still believe it is BS after reading that (noticing the banners on the side of the page describing what a victory this election is for "common sense gun laws) then I guess not much will sway you.
Old January 10, 2009, 12:45 AM   #8
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, purely political threads are off topic.
Closed Thread