The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 8, 2004, 11:54 AM   #1
Zedicus

SHTF Fun, Weaponry & Equipment.

Scenario: Politicians Ignore Breaches of US Borders and Heavy Increases of Domestic Terrorist Activities in Favor of Gaining Votes and Financial Gain From Illegal Aliens & Domestic Terrorists Themselves.

a Corrupt Tyrannical President rises to power as a direct result of this and Blatant Election Rigging by his party and by foreign Organizations/Governments.

Martial Law Is Declared, and all Civil & Constitutional Rights are Indefinitely Suspended, 80-90% of Military & LE Turn on the Government.

Government Brings in a Massive Military force from Foreign Nations Allied with Corrupt President to Eliminate all Opposition to the corrupt President.

----------------------------------------------

Assuming you Decide to Side with Freedom & Liberty, What Weaponry & Equipment will you Acquire for the Long Battle Ahead
(Money & Laws are no Object)

I'll post my list Separately, Later.

Have Fun!
Old August 8, 2004, 12:45 PM   #2
Hard Ball

My crystal ball is cloudy. I cannot predict what shtf situations may occur. I try to keep my planing and weapons as flexible as possible.
That said, I would carry a .308 M1A1 with a 2X-7X variable scope and a .45ACP handgun. They should work well on your scemario.

Last edited by Hard Ball; August 8, 2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old August 8, 2004, 01:14 PM   #3
Zedicus

It's 100% Imaginary, the Synopsis is simply a foundation to have fun imagining up a nice load of Weaponry & Equipment, which can be either whatever you can carry or your own private Base & Arsenal.

IE: Burt Gummer from Tremors

Ok, hares my list, which i will Likely add to later.

Just Weaponry for now.

Sidearm: M1911 Hi-Cap, Match Grade, Black Finish, Hogue Grips Tritium Sights, Accessory Rail & Suppressor.
Carbine: M4A1 SOPMOD in 7.62, inc Suppressor
Rifle: HK MSG90, 50x Illuminated Mill-Dot Scope, and Suppressor.
Knife:Bugei Hissatsu

That's all for now..
Old August 8, 2004, 01:35 PM   #4
Brian Williams

Available called My Hunting guns
S&W 586
Marlin 1894c
Win 1885 clone by Uberti in 45/70 with a tang peep sight
Ruger 10/77

Stored
1911a1 GI w/beaucoup mags
M3 grease guns w/beaucoup mags
M16a3 mid length 18 " barrel with ACOG and beaucoup mags
internally suppressed barrel, folding stock, beaucoup 50 round mags for a Ruger 10/77
Old August 8, 2004, 03:54 PM   #5
Paul B.

Just remember, blue helmets make great targets.
Paul B.
Old August 8, 2004, 04:36 PM   #6
Jamie Young

Any kind of rifle.

Plenty of ammo.

And a functional brain.
Old August 20, 2004, 09:23 PM   #7
TexasGunman

I'd go with my M4 clone, with Aimpoint and my Custom built 1911-A1.
Have ammo and gear, to tote all needed items etc.

TG
Old August 20, 2004, 09:36 PM   #8
readyfire

Well right now it would be 2 1911s with equipment,1 rem 870 hd with surefire light and plenty of ammo.And soon an ak variant and some sort of rifle in 308.
Old August 20, 2004, 10:16 PM   #9
rugerdude

I'll use what I have. My ruger dragunov-ified 10/22 and my maverick 88 12ga. w/ folding stock.
Old August 21, 2004, 02:03 AM   #10
mgdavis

FN-FAL .308. Walther P99QA .40 S&W. Remington 870 12ga. lots of ammo. ColdSteel Recon Tanto. IIIA ballistic vest.
Old August 21, 2004, 09:59 AM   #11
FirstFreedom

Scary thought

I'm set pretty much, but I'd want a ton of Enfields and 303 ammo to equip my like-minded resistance fighters who would otherwise be unarmed. And I'd want a lot of body armor with trauma plates.
Old August 21, 2004, 01:12 PM   #12
Casp_A

What I'd prefer to have:

1. DSA SA-58 24" free-floated with bipod, recoil pad, Horus Falcon Scope, and gray wolf duracoat.

2. AKM with synthetic stock set and (besides normal 40 rounders) a few 75 round drums.

3. MP5-10 with Omega PC suppressor.

4. Wilson Combat Scattergun Tech. 18" U.S. Border Patrol 870 with a 6-shell side-saddle.

5. A few Ruger P89's and/or P90's with lots of mags.

6. Two P&R M47 Medusa multi-9mm revolvers.

7. An FN MAG.

8. A few allies to help carry and employ most of the above.

---------------------------------------------

What I actually do have:

1. Mosin Nagant 91/30 with issue sling and bayo'.

2. NORINCO Type 56 Carbine (SKS) with bayo' and lots of stripper clips.

3. Navy Arms (Uberti) reproduction Winchester 1866 Yellowboy Saddle Carbine, .38 special.

4. Stock Ruger 10/22 with two factory mags.

5. Western Field M830 (cheap version of Mossberg M341 24" .22lr bolt-action) with one 10 round mag.

6. Ithaca M49 16" .22lr falling-block.

7. One friend with a Winchester 1894 Saddle Carbine and a Winchester M12 shotgun with adjustable choke.

8. Another friend with a Walther P99 9x19mm, a Russian sniper-grade SKS with a scope and bipod, and a Mosin Nagant 91/30.

9. A few more friends to help carry and employ most of the above.

10. Sufficient knowledge to manufacture a few suppressors and thermite grenades if given the chance.

11. An 8" bowie knife.
Old August 21, 2004, 03:10 PM   #13
ducktapehero

Money and laws are no object? I'd take an M1 Garand in 308 and a Smith 625.

The Revolver
Not as clumsy or as random as a semi-auto.
An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
Old August 21, 2004, 11:51 PM   #14
Arizona Fusilier

What I have on hand will suffice.

Choice of HK91, Galil ARM, AK-47, AK-74, FN LAR, AR-15 HBAR, M1 Garand, or a couple of SKSs, in semi-auto.

AR-15 and Mini-Uzi, full auto. Silencer for AR-15, as well.

Case of ammo in each respective caliber, with SS-109 being maintained in addition to the M193 ball.

Pistols would seem to be superfluous, wouldn't they?

Yeah, that threat level IV body armor would finally come in handy, too.
Old August 22, 2004, 04:52 PM   #15
Dwight55

Hardball wrote: "My crystal ball is cloudy. I cannot predict what shtf situations may occur. I try to keep my planing and weapons as flexible as possible.
That said, I would carry a .308 M1A1 with a 2X-7X variable scope and a .45ACP handgun. They should work well on your scemario."

If the bg's see us, . . . they'll think we're twins, . . . 'cept for the scope.

Iff'n it happens, . . . well, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight
Old August 22, 2004, 05:21 PM   #16
Faithless

A sidearm, say a browning hi power, and stuff to make improvised explosive devices.
Old August 24, 2004, 08:12 PM   #17
Mannlicher

What I would like to have, and what I have, are pretty much the same. This is not the first time I have considered this thought.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old August 25, 2004, 12:07 AM   #18
V-fib

AK with unlimited supply of ammo
Shoulder held surface to air missile with lots of missiles
Shoulder held surface to surface missile with lots of missiles
All the fixins for booby traps and mine field
12ga with unlimited supply of ammo
Ruger Sp101 .357 again with unlimited supply of ammo

Then you have to have a good hold out with plenty of food, H2O, and some sort of power supply.
Old August 25, 2004, 08:09 AM   #19
tyme
Staff

Whatever the enemy soldiers are using. Maybe a USP9 for utter reliability and ammo compatability with the invaders.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old August 25, 2004, 09:54 AM   #20
gburner

An AK, a 12 ga. pump, a 1911A1, a reliable 4wd vehicle,
fuel, water, rations, ammo, med. supplies, warm clothing, good boots, radio and a secluded mountain redoubt. This list is not all inclusive.
Old August 25, 2004, 03:01 PM   #21
rugerdude

I would dig a tunnel from my house to the side of the road in a bush and wait there to harass the enemy with my 12 ga. when they walk by. Also some IEDs would go along way, but before any of that happens I would get on TFL and coordinate attack plans with my fellow gun enthusiasts.
Old August 25, 2004, 04:48 PM   #22
Spinner

In a SHTF scenario I'm guessing that simplicity, reliability, functionality and dependability would be very important. For these reasons I would probably choose to carry or have on hand

* a 12 ga pump shotgun - probably a Remington 870 ... a good close range defense/offense weapon, food gatherer, goblin scarer.
* an accurate bolt action rifle in something like .308 or 30.06 with a 4x scope .... a good "reach out and touch someone" weapon, food gatherer, longer range defensive weapon
* a reliable sidearm - probably a semi-auto in 9mm or .45, but could be a good wheelgun in .357mag or .44mag .... personal defense
* a strong, adaptable cutting tool - probably a kuhkri ... useful tool, "covert deanimation", personal defense
* a sound suppressed .22LR rifle with 4x scope .... food gatherer, "covert deanimator" tool

Of course I'd also like to have a plentiful supply of suitable ammunition for the above firearms, but being common calibres the chances of being able to find, steal, trade, barter or otherwise acquire suitable ammo are higher.

Depending on the situation I may wish to barricade myself into a redoubt of some sort .... in which case some explosives may be kinda handy too, but that's really in the "nice to have" category.

Kia kaha
Old August 26, 2004, 07:33 PM   #23
jefnvk

Quote:
but before any of that happens I would get on TFL and coordinate attack plans with my fellow gun enthusiasts.
I would frown on trying to coordinate over the internet, especially a gun oriented site, during an armed conflict.

That being said,
Enfield for long range
SKS for short range/urban
1911 in case the two above fail

And someone is going to have to help me hit a pharmacy to get some supply of insulin . The above does me no good if I die of natural causes.
Old August 26, 2004, 08:11 PM   #24
fyrestarter

Quote:
I would frown on trying to coordinate over the internet, especially a gun oriented site, during an armed conflict
Funny, because that's sort of why the internet was designed in the first placce....

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
--Thomas Jefferson
Old August 26, 2004, 08:42 PM   #25
rugerdude

All right everyone lets make an internet code to use in such a senario! We will of course delete and destroy all record of it after everyone has memorized it. Okay here's the code a=z b=a c=b d=c and so forth. THEY'LL NEVER SUSPECT SOMETHING SO SIMPLE!!! this post will self destruct whenever it feels like it.