The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 4, 2008, 05:21 PM   #1
RoaringBull

BP Help Needed

I am a member of a Christian outdoors ministry called Mission Outdoors here in Texas. I am trying to get an active black powder group at the shoots each month. We encourage folks to come out for a day of shooting rifles, pistols, bows, etc and include a free lunch and a devotional. We had 198 visitors this month. I was the only one there with a black powder rifle for them to shoot. I loaded that .50 cal Kentucky flintlock 100 times! What I need are more rifles to help the process go faster. If anyone has an old percussion or flinter sitting in the closet or gun rack that hasn't been used in a while, why not donate it to our organization for kids to use? We will provide a tax deductible reciept for you, too. Thanks for your time and God bless.

www.missionoutdoors.org

Don't be alarmed by the page with the prices. Those prices are for renting out the place and the equipment for a private party. It is the only other way that we can get the funding (besides memberships) that allows us to let the kids shoot free.
Old July 12, 2008, 05:24 PM   #2
RoaringBull

Thanks and blessings to all that helped me out with materials. We are up and going strong, so I am going to end this plea. We have about 8 rifles now and several volunteers helping out.