ROYAL GUARD INSIDE THE PANT HOLSTER, by Galco

This is the first time im geting a real holster for any gun
Has any one tried this holster?

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...=886&GunID=213

Does it have a snap on belt loop?
And is it a good holster
Old January 8, 2007, 09:30 AM   #2
tlm225

I have two. Horsehide is a very strong, thin, durable leather. The belt loops come in interchangable sizes to fit different belt widths. The loops are mounted to the holster using screws. They then use snaps to attach the holster to the belt. The mouth of the holster is reinforced, allowing one handed re-holstering.
One piece of advice. Break in the holster before using it to carry. On mine the initial fit was very tight.
While there are other good IWB holsters out there, I've been pleased with my Royal Guards.

BTW, if you are going to carry inside the waist band I strongly recommend that you buy your pants two inches oversize in the waist to allow room for the gun/holster. Trying to use them with your normal pant size will make for a tight, uncomfortable experience.
Old January 8, 2007, 10:21 AM   #3
AK103K

If you sweat, I'd skip the Royal Guard. They suck up sweat like a sponge and dont dry out for awhile. Other than that, its not a bad holster, a little pricey for what it is, as are most Galco products. Personally, I prefer a good kydex IWB holster for daily year round carry, especially if you sweat. They last a lot longer than leather, and are a lot easier on your gun and you.

I'm just the opposite for pants size, I like my normal size, as it helps hold things in place better. Your pants will stretch and your body will adjust enough that while snug, its still very comfortable. Before buying new clothes, I'd try using what you have first and take it from there.

IWB takes a little getting used to at first, so give it a good try before giving up. It may seem uncomfortable at first, but quickly becomes normal.
Old January 8, 2007, 03:19 PM   #4
Jim Z.

I have one and......

it has served me well for the last 10years, and will go for another 20. I like it. I carry my 1911 Govt. in it.
Old January 8, 2007, 03:37 PM   #5
vts

MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather

Tanks for the feedback guys

How about Andrews Coustom Leather?
They have a nice looking IWB holster, MacDaniel II
http://www.andrewsleather.com/

It's a littel cheaper than the Galco and it hase a Locking Swivel alowing it to change the loop angle

Any one used this holster?