The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 28, 2004, 08:30 PM   #1
44and45

Can anyone help locate a Lyman AA turret press reducer bushing

I'm in need of a Lyman reducer bushing that fits a Lyman All American turret press with an exceptionally large die hole of 1.1X25 tpi size.

Lyman once made some of the AA turret presses with this large die hole that were for shot or powder dies in shotgun loading.

I don't need this big hole in my turret and request any information on who might have this long discontinued reducer bushing that Lyman once made...it allows the operator to use standard 7/8X14 dies in that big hole turret with said reducer bushing.

Lyman folks think its big thread hole size is 1.1X25 tpi and if you have one in your parts box please let me know.

Thanks, Jim

44and45

This is what a Lyman All American turret press looks like...

Old October 29, 2004, 09:04 AM   #2
Quantrill

I have owned and used a Lyman All American for 40 years and never knew they made one with a X-tra large size hole. Is it just one hole or all four? Did you contact Lyman and talk to a real person? Ask for someone that is mentioned in any of their current reloading guides. If that doesn't work out, try a machinist (hopefully a friendly one) to make you one. I have several adapters for the AA press but they are for using 310 tong tool dies in the 7-8ths holes. Good luck!!! Quantrill
Old October 29, 2004, 10:15 AM   #3
44and45

Yes, Lyman made some of the AA presses with one turret hole bigger to accept the shotgun reloading dies accessories.

The threads are of very unusal small size, the hole is just over one inch in diameter and the threads are about 25 tpi. Lyman thinks it was a 1.1X25 tpi hole...but they are not sure.

I really like this press, in my opinion it is a better made product than todays stuff they call the Crusher. I had one given to me for a present and its linkage system was loose as a goose and put great strain on the hinge pin of the linkage. With the All American I am completely satisfied, wish they'd bring it out again.

If I cannot find a reducer bushing that will fit that big hole I will have to visit my friendly machinest and have him tap the hole to current production bushings that are 1-1/4X12 thread.

Thanks for your interest.

Jim