The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 25, 2009, 12:33 AM   #1
scorpion_tyr

Texas CCW Question

I've been looking all over Texas state laws, but I cannot find an answer, can anyone point me in the right direction?

My wife is a resident of Texas and has a TX Driver License, but she has a Concealed Weapon Liecense from the state of Florida. Texas honors Florida CCL's, but she has been informed that it only counts if that person is a resident of the state where she has a CCL, which she is not.Is this true or is she still legal to carry?
Old January 25, 2009, 06:48 AM   #2
Bartholomew Roberts

I recommend you contact the Texas Department of Public Safety's Concealed Handgun Licensing division and ask them this question.

I haven't searched extensively; but I also have been unable to find any statute that prohibits what you are talking about.
Old January 25, 2009, 08:57 AM   #3
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

I know that Colorado has passed such a law. I suspect (but do not know) that one or two others have also. This may be what was mistakenly referred to.