The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 17, 2013, 04:18 AM   #26
CurlyQ.Howard

odugrad, But how much ammo is available to a single customer at those prices? Out local Dick's still has good prices, but their limit is four boxes per customer per day (and often they are out of it - and even if they were not, it is nice to be able to buy more than four boxes per purchase).
Old May 19, 2013, 06:56 AM   #27
Kev

I have to chime in on the Russian ammo. Like some have said 10.00 for 50 rounds at Wally World if and when they have some.
Ran a couple boxes through my new to me Star 9mm and it performed okay, but it really is dirty.
I picked up some Remington's for 5 bucks more and that's what's in the mag as we speak.

Last edited by Kev; May 21, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old May 20, 2013, 06:45 PM   #28
FairWarning

I haven't bought any new ammo since the 1st week of the year.

I'm not playing Rope-a-Dope with the federal govt. by paying 2-3X what something is worth.
Old May 20, 2013, 07:10 PM   #29
Justice06RR

Those will work fine on your gun, but they will run dirtier than brass ammo. It is definitely overpriced at 2x its actual value.

Market price, gouging, whatever you wanna call it. Lately everything is double the price due to the shortage anyway. But at least its available.

If you really need ammo to shoot and have no other choice, then buy it. I'm sure there are better prices somewhere else, but sometimes it is impossible to find depending on your location. Right now you have to take what you can get. Otherwise, if you don't wanna pay that much for cheap ammo no one is forcing you to..