The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 11, 2005, 09:29 AM   #1
fatboy1488

Sarco Inc. (not making me happy)

Hello everybody,
I just had my first experience (and probably my last) with Sarco, Inc.
I ordered a Rock Island 45, more than a week ago and wasn't really thrilled with thier customer service when I placed the order, but now it's a week later and I still don't have my gun. After making numerous attempts to get a human on the phone and not getting any replies to my e-mails, I was finally able to get someone on the phone. She was not very friendly (and I was being nice), all I wanted was to know the status of my order. I was told that my order was still in the works. I told her that when I ordered it, I was told it was in stock and I would have it in about 4 days. Since it has been 8 days, I was getting a little concerned, hence my inquiry. She told me that it can take 7-14 days just to process the order, then another 4-8 days for shipping. I asked for an explanation as to why on earth it takes so long if the gun was in stock, she barked at me "it just does".
I don't know how many employees they have or how busy they are, but when I (the customer) place an order and am told that I'll have it in 4 days, and then don't see it after 8 days, I feel I'm due some explanation and not rude treament. I have ordered plenty of guns over the years and of course have had some problems, but for the most part things work out. But after this experience (and I don't even have the gun yet), I can say that I more than likely will never order from Sarco, Inc again.
Old January 11, 2005, 09:45 AM   #2
2002gti

from my sarco experience they are very slow in filling orders. their prices are great and their surplus rifles are usually in good condition. i have a k98 on the way that was ordered on dec. 14th. they just charged my c.c. friday.....
Old January 18, 2005, 10:46 AM   #3
fatboy1488

Sarco still not making a good impression

UPDATE:
Well after many voice mails and e-mails to Sarco, I got one reply from a Michelle at Sarco. She simply said I should call or e-mail "Beth" (which I had done several times). I replied to her that I wasn't getting any help or replies from anyone at Sarco. She never answered back. As of yesterday, my credit card was charged, so I started calling and e-mailing again for an order number/ tracking number since the FFL I am using to receive, is new to me and since I paid for it, I'd like to know when it arrives and since for the $15 the guy is making off me, chances are I'm not high on his people to call list. Just trying to be pro-active and on top of my purchase. Sadly though, Sarco just doesn't seem to care about making customers happy. Regardless of how much I enjoy my new gun and regardless of the good price, I doubt that I'll ever buy from them again. I've dealt with numerous other companies in my quest to supply my "arsenal" and so far Sarco has been the most difficult and unfriendly. They could have satisfied me by one e-mail or phone call just to let me know that my order was placed and would be shipped approximately (? days from now). That's all, just an acknowledgement that I exist and that my order was being worked on. Is that too much to ask from Sarco?
Old January 18, 2005, 11:06 AM   #4
2002gti

but they usually have the best price. i know on the ria you got a great deal.
Old January 23, 2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Hooey

Since The old man died,(owner) things must have gotten a little sloppy. Still a neat place to go if you can.You can check out your purchace on the spot.
Old February 9, 2005, 08:21 PM   #6
tom650604

I was thinking about buying at least 2 or three star 1911 style handgun from them. HUMMM.....reading this just makes me wonder if I should or not.

Well I guess, I just might have to wait a bit and do some more research on them.

I guess I will have to check things out with the BBB and then make my decision.