The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 30, 2010, 02:01 PM   #1
ArizonaRick

Shotgun Light Mossy 500 Mariner

I live on 100 + acres and raise feeder hogs and turkeys (Ozarks)- and I am getting frustrated by the nightly attacks from coons / possiums / and yotes. I currenly hold my flashlight on my fore-end and adjust the beam until it is on the target, but this takes too long and I have trouble seeing my bead. Most of our time is spent running to get them in range, then shoot fast before they scoot or a good animial gets in the way. I use mostly 1-1/8 oz of #4 buck, reloaded light for the kids who do most of the shooting (11 & 14). Can anyone recomend a light that will clamp to a smooth Mossy 500 barrel and have a tight beam that will go 30-40 yds. Something in the $40-50 range would be ideal. It has to be tough enough to survive riding on the quad and a far amount of shooting.
Old August 30, 2010, 02:17 PM   #2
g.willikers

Look at the Brinkmann 3W LED light.
It's small, and quite bright, and has a rear off/on button.
How well it will hold up to recoil is another matter, but for less than $30, it's not much of a gamble.
It uses regular AAAs, too.
The light is quite impressive at the distances you mention.