The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 1, 2012, 03:29 AM   #1
Redhawk5.5+P+

A non Glock

TBS, a Glock that has no, or not very many "Glock" parts including the frame and slide.

They call the factory Glock "perfection". LOL, you can improve on "perfection".

Enough said, the Glock is an awsomely built gun to serve it's purpose.

TBS, it's a money thing. Can you make a perfect gun more perfect?
Old November 1, 2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Pistolgripshotty

I know I'm going to get drilled for this but...I like my Hi-point which in fact is perfect now. ( But when I bought it, it wasn't even close to perfect ). A Glock is great...but a pistol that has received some TLC and attention is just as great!
Old November 1, 2012, 06:25 AM   #3
hounddawg

Got a new M&P yesterday, have not even taken it to the range yet and installed a APEX trigger kit and RAM. Trigger feels like a high end 1911 now. While I had the rear sight off I lapped the bevel so I can adjust windage at the range without having to put the slide in a vise. Then I took a sharpie and blacked out the white dots on the rear sight. I may replace it with one that allows windage/elevation adjustment or replace the front with a fiber optic one if I feel it needs it after a range session. Still have not completely ruled out a aftermarket barrel either.

I might not be a gunsmith but I like to tinker and do what I can. I have been tinkering since I was a teenager., Wife says I am not happy unless I have a splinter in my finger or grease on my hands.
Old November 1, 2012, 07:05 AM   #4
45_auto

Nothing says that once perfection is created then people will not screw it up. Some people listen to serpents and change things on their Glocks just like Eve listened to the serpent in the Garden of Eden .....
Old November 1, 2012, 07:45 AM   #5
austinjunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_auto View Post
Nothing says that once perfection is created then people will not screw it up. Some people listen to serpents and change things on their Glocks just like Eve listened to the serpent in the Garden of Eden .....
Love it lol. I can't stand when my buddies buy a firearm tinker with it drop a couple bills in it and then complain about the result when they finally take it to the range. I'm pretty sure the guy who designed that gun gets paid lots of money to get it right. And in regards to my buddies your a fireman stop trying to be a gunsmith.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Old November 1, 2012, 07:52 AM   #6
hounddawg

@austinjunks

I guess that 150 dollar pawn shop Stevens that shoots consistent 3/4 inch groups at 200 yards after I changed out the barrel, stock and trigger (total cost was $800 including the gun) in my garage is just a fluke.

I also guess that my M&P that now has about 1/10 inch trigger travel with no over travel and a smooth take up was just a waste of time becasue I was just a electrical engineer for 40 years and am not a "real" gunsmith
Old November 1, 2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Redhawk5.5+P+

OP

I for got to mention Lone Wolf, they have just about every part for a glock that is not labeled Glock.

I was thinking about getting there frame, long slide, and all the non Glock parts for it just for when somebody asks "is that a Glock?" I can say nope it's not. After crunching some numbers though I'd be better off getting a stock Glock and put the long slide kit on it. That way I'd have the stock length slide and a long slide with the threaded 6.61" long barrel for a comp or silencer.

I already have a G20SF and added a long slide and threaded 6.61" barrel for a comp or flash hider.

I'd like to put up pics but all I have is my cell camera that I can't hook up to my computer. If somebody can PM me I can send pics over the cell phone.
Old November 2, 2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Fishbed77

Quote:
TBS, it's a money thing. Can you make a perfect gun more perfect?
Yes.

It's called a Walther PPQ or P99.
Old November 2, 2012, 09:39 AM   #9
TAKtical

All of my glocks have the glockworx connector and fulcrum trigger with no pre-travel. Now I can get 2" groups at 25 yards instead of 5".
Due to several differences of opinion with staff, I am choosing to no longer do business on this forum. Everyone that has a pending order will need to contact me via email at [email protected] Thanks,
-Tom&Tricia
Old November 2, 2012, 03:55 PM   #10
pete2

Seems like everyone who shoots a Glock does a lot of modifications to it. Seems strange to have to modify "perfection".
Old November 2, 2012, 05:44 PM   #11
bitttorrrent

hey pistalgrip.

what did you do to your high point.
i would like to tinker with the ttiggr. any aftermarket items like glocks?
Old November 2, 2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Redhawk5.5+P+

Quote:
Seems strange to have to modify "perfection".
Oh so true. After I ordered my Glock, I called Lone Wolf. But...

TBS, glock doesn't make a long slide for my G20SF along with a 6.61" threaded barrel, comp, flash hider or a 6.01" 9X25mm Dillon barrel. It's now close enough to perfect for "Me", along with my other big macho gun's.
Old November 2, 2012, 07:48 PM   #13
TAKtical

Honestly I dont think the glock "perfection" motto is realistic. A lot of people dont like the palm swell and glock has had some manufacturing problems in the past few years. I like the palm swell and all my gen 3 glocks have been 100% reliable.
Due to several differences of opinion with staff, I am choosing to no longer do business on this forum. Everyone that has a pending order will need to contact me via email at [email protected] Thanks,
-Tom&Tricia
Old November 6, 2012, 02:10 AM   #14
myshoulderissore

G20ls 018.JPG

G20ls 020.JPG

G20ls 021.JPG

For Redhawk, 1 more coming.
Old November 6, 2012, 02:11 AM   #15
myshoulderissore

G20ls 022.JPG

And... Boom goes the dynamite.
Old November 6, 2012, 02:13 AM   #16
myshoulderissore

Also, and observation, that is one bad mamajama you've got there!
Old November 6, 2012, 03:52 AM   #17
9mm

Glock is not "perfect" I like mine and choice it over pretty much anything else on the market. Has the right feel, magazine amount (15) reliability gun on the market that can't be beat(in price range)

I think what would make Glock "perfect" would to come standard with night sights, and a steel frame.

I am getting sick of "plastic guns" I think they are a little dangerous, you can sit on it and break it. I can grip my Glock's handle and the plastic comes caving in. (any plastic gun does this, my former lc9 did it badly [thiner gun] )
Old November 6, 2012, 06:52 AM   #18
45_auto

Quote:
I can grip my Glock's handle and the plastic comes caving in.
Cool. You happen to have a video link of you crushing a Glock grip?
Old November 6, 2012, 10:19 AM   #19
Gaerek

Quote:
Honestly I dont think the glock "perfection" motto is realistic. A lot of people dont like the palm swell and glock has had some manufacturing problems in the past few years. I like the palm swell and all my gen 3 glocks have been 100% reliable.
"Perfection" is a slogan created by someone in the marketing department that thought it would sell more guns. It's as realistic as Air Jordan shoes making you play basketball like Michael Jordan. Glock is well aware their product isn't perfection. If anyone is buying any product because the manufacturer said it was perfect, then you are a sheep.

So of course it's not realistic. It's not meant to be. It's meant to put an image in your head of the most perfect handgun you've ever shot, whether it's true or not.

Quote:
Cool. You happen to have a video link of you crushing a Glock grip?
Seconded. I'm a big guy with big hands and I can't do that. I'd love to see this.