The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old February 14, 2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Terry A

Closed????

I looked at the thread entitled "Home Intrusion Response" and saw that it was closed. I'm new to this site and I'm not real computer literate, so excuse the dummy question.....Why was this thread closed so quickly? Was it because someone didn't like the responses or was there a time expiration on it?

A point was raised in a post near the bottom of page one that seemed to be saying a break in was different than a home invasion. If you or any of your family are at home and someone "breaks in", isn't that considered a home invasion??? Am I missing something there? I'm not trying to stir the pot or rock the boat here. I want to be cordial and respectful in my contributions here. But I'm real curious as to why the plug was pulled on a thread that still had a strong pulse. Nobody seemed out of line, nobody was insulting, it was friends discussing gun related issues. And that was an interesting thread with lots of good input.

A "break in" aka burglary, occurs when the occupants of the house are NOT home. When that same thing happens when the occupant(s) ARE home, it's a home invasion, not just a break in. Semantics means everything in the responses that were offered. Coming home and finding someone in your home is one thing....having someone break into your home while you or familiy members are at home raises the ante. The former may or may not be armed, the latter is almost certain to be armed.

Nobody sane wants to get in a shooting. Even if you're justified, the legal expenses, stress and uncertainty on how others will judge what happened is a stiff penalty for being forced into something you never wanted to happen. That being said, I'm pretty certain a majority of the readers in that thread also took "break in" = "home invasion". And that's why a majority of the responses in that thread infered there would be shooting in lieu of "Hey, STOP! GO AWAY I've called the cops!"
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "
Old February 14, 2009, 04:31 PM   #2
pax

Terry ~

Just a quick FYI: any time a thread is closed, you are always welcome to PM the moderator who closed it & ask for an explanation. But bringing it back up in the open forum is frowned upon.

pax
Closed Thread