The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 10, 2000, 11:47 PM   #1
Captain Bligh

I know gun locks, especially those that are externally imposed, are not real popular here. But, I confess everything I have that isn't under my direct control both has a trigger lock and is in the safe. So there. Sarcasm and flames are accepted. Have your way with me.

That being said, what I want to know is what your experience has been with Master Lock replacing the darned things? I mailed them two bad ones about eight weeks ago and have heard nothing since. Is that usual or is something amiss? I've written them twice but so far no response. Don't know why people put a "Contact Us" on their web site and invite questions but don't bother to answer them.

Heck, it's easier to get replacement tires for an Explorer than a replacement gun lock. Are they remanufacturing these defective ones or what? Go figure.

Randy
Old October 11, 2000, 07:42 AM   #2
David Scott

October 11th, 2000
Master Lock Company
1313 Slammer Lane
Florida Keys

Dear Captain Bligh:

We have recieved your complaint about not getting your locks, and we do not understand it. The replacement locks were sent out weeks ago in our fine fleet of Ford Explorer delivery vehicles, equipped with high quality Firestone tires. We must therefore assume that you are just another nut case, pulling our chain and trying to get something for nothing. Drop by the factory some time and we'll show you our new line of leg irons.

Sincerely,
Earl Ovolay
Customer Service Manager and Stapler Refiller
Old October 11, 2000, 02:45 PM   #3
Ledbetter

Mailed mine in and got one back weeks later. Apparently, we are both valued customers.

Regards,

Ledbetter
Old October 11, 2000, 11:21 PM   #4
Captain Bligh

Perhaps the President of Master Lock should just go ahead and do the honorable thing like the CEO of Firestone did.

If you can't get it right, step down and get out of the way.

RJ
Old October 12, 2000, 11:27 AM   #5
AEM

I understand that they are shooting each lock with a .44 magnum, to make sure they live up to their advertising before they let them out the door.

Sometimes, I crack myself up!
Old October 13, 2000, 07:10 AM   #6
Captain Bligh

David Scott's reply must be the correct one. Master Lock finally e-mailed me back to say they've had large volume demands which prolonged replacing my locks. But, get this, they said they shipped my locks Oct. 3. It's Oct. 13. They still haven't arrived.

Yep, they sent it by Ford Explorer with Wilderness Tires alright!

RJ