The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 20, 2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Pahoo

Can't judge a book by it's cover.

Okay fellas, what's wrong with this item? Now, I'm fairly good at spotting M/L kit guns but this hybrid, kind of jumped out at me. Just trying to give folks a heads-up on what you can run into out there when shopping for an M/L. ....

Mods, you won't hurt my feelings, if you want to delete this post. .....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=409154039

Be Safe !!!
Old April 20, 2014, 03:28 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Nothing wrong with it. I think the mainspring is a coil spring though.
Old April 20, 2014, 04:30 PM   #3
BerdanSS

Yep, don't see anything out of place. Thanks for posting though. I have that exact rear sight in my parts box. Bottom has a T/C stamp, always wondered what model it originally come on
Old April 20, 2014, 04:38 PM   #4
Hawg

Other than being a freakazoid the only thing that looks out of place is that the trigger guard doesn't look like brass but that's probably just the lighting.
Old April 20, 2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Sure Shot Mc Gee

My White Mtn doesn't have a Hawken stock. It also came with a single trigger. I don't know if would refer to this one as being a hybrid. More like something shortened, pieced & adapted to fit together. Whom ever put this rifle together found it probably doesn't function as well as he thought it would. So here's a chance of someother to bid on a one of a kind T/C Hawken Renegade White Mtn whatever.
Old April 20, 2014, 06:32 PM   #6
Pahoo

Guess it's not that obvious on this hybrid

Quote:
I have that exact rear sight in my parts box. Bottom has a T/C stamp, always wondered what model it originally come on
That sight is a TC after-market sight that was used to replace the adjustable sights in order to meet the primitive hunt requirement. It was never original to any TC model. ....

Quote:
the only thing that looks out of place is that the trigger guard doesn't look like brass but that's probably just the lighting.
This one is probably brass but no matter as TC also made them in steel as well as SS and case hardened. ...

Be Safe !!!
Old April 20, 2014, 08:19 PM   #7
PetahW

IMHO, it's a parts gun - a WMC bbl dropped into a Hawken stock/etc.

Old April 21, 2014, 10:05 AM   #8
Pahoo

Got it !!!

Quote:
My White Mtn doesn't have a Hawken stock
Bingo !! I contacted the seller on this discrepancy. His reply was that their "Expert" is claiming that it came this way, from the factory: Right. ....

Quote:
IMHO, it's a parts gun - a WMC bbl dropped into a Hawken stock/etc.
You got that right and if I had it, that is exactly what I would do with it. I just happen to have a WMC stock, looking for this barrel and a TC Hawken barrel, looking for this stock. By the way, I have never seen any TC model with three ramrod thimbles. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old April 21, 2014, 10:56 AM   #9
DoubleDeuce 1

Is the center thimble set up for a sling to hook onto?