The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 8, 2002, 07:00 PM   #1
S.F.S

Speed Strip Kit for the MKII

I seen these on the "On Target" web site anybody have any experience with it at all? It also comes with a new hammer assembly.

I already know how to assemble and disassemble these pistols but they are aggravating at times.

Scott
Old April 9, 2002, 11:28 AM   #2
johnwill

Once you get the knack of stripping the MK-II, it's hard to imagine how much utility one of these things would really have. I suspect the time necessary to install this on the gun would be more than all the time it would save me for the life of the gun! What's the point?
Old April 9, 2002, 03:49 PM   #3
prescott

I've got to agree with jonwill on this one. Although the first time that I tried to put one back together I did get pretty frustrated.
Old April 9, 2002, 04:37 PM   #4
S.F.S

Its basically just to save time when cleaning thats all, with the speed strip you unscrew the allen screw and pull out the bolt thats it, reverse to reassemble the pistol.
The thing with my pistol is removing and replacing the barrel/receiver assembly it is an extremly tight fit, you have to wack the hell out of the rear of the barrel to get it off.
My wifes pistol on the other hand isn't that tight. Otherwise I can disassamble it in my sleep.. To install it should take no more than half an hour, as long as you know how to take the hammer and all out, which I do.
Old April 10, 2002, 07:06 PM   #5
GlockBill

I've personally never used the product, but I've heard that it isn't worth the money/trouble from a couple people that bought the unit. Also, it probably won't loosen or tighten the fit between your frame and the receiver noticibly.