The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 16, 2013, 09:28 PM   #1
OEF-Vet

The only form of gun control I will support!

1. We gun owners need to be responsible to keep our guns locked up safe when not in use and out of the hands of the wrong people.
2. If your guns are stolen it needs to be reported immediately. All gun owners should have a personal inventory of their guns to include pictures and serial numbers for just such an event.
3. If your gun gets into the wrong hands do to your negligence you should be held accountable and be placed on restriction or possibly jail time determined by the courts based on the facts in your individual case.

4. So called straw or straw man buyers should serve a minimum of 2 years per gun bought and sold determined by the reason the 2nd party can't buy a gun of their own.
5. If a crime is committed with a gun sold by the straw buyer they should then be sentenced to serve an additional time equal to the perpetrator of any crime committed with that gun when the 2nd party is convicted.

The only form of gun control I will support is one where law abiding citizens take control of their guns.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton Jr
Old January 16, 2013, 09:51 PM   #2
wayneinFL

Quote:
1. We gun owners need to be responsible to keep our guns locked up safe when not in use and out of the hands of the wrong people.
So, I'm not supposed to travel with a gun? I'm out of town at least half the year, and I don't carry a gun safe with me.

Quote:
2. If your guns are stolen it needs to be reported immediately. All gun owners should have a personal inventory of their guns to include pictures and serial numbers for just such an event.
I had a gun stolen, and didn't even know it for 3 days. I own at least a hundred, and it's not like I count them all every day before I go to bed.

The whole thing would be next to impossible to enforce.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it's like blaming a rape victim for getting raped.
Old January 16, 2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

OEF-Vet, I don't particularly care if over half the members agree with you (and by all indications, they don't). If all you have to offer is your own personal thread to rant in... Go somewhere else.

Closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
gun control