The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 26, 2002, 06:20 PM   #1
Parke1

S&W 916 12 gauge furniture question

Hi there,

I have a S&W 916 with an 18"bbl. It's a nice little gun, but it's impossible to find any accessories for it (I knew this before I bought it). What I'd like to do is add a pistol grip to it, for a nice little HD gun. I know it's already a pretty small scattergun, but I like the idea of just a pistol grip instead of the full length stock. Anyways... does anyone know if I can use a pistol grip that's made for a different gun on this one? If so, what gun would that be? I can always find a plethora of pistol grips for sale, so I'm wondering if there are any that would be retro-fittable.

Thanks for any input!
-Parke1
Old September 27, 2002, 04:18 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

You may want to check out the shotgun BB and find out why there's few shotguns equipped with only a PG that are used by folks that know shooting and shotguns.

PGs are fine if you're auditioning for Miami Vice II, but not for use in the real world.

HTH....