The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 28, 2014, 11:57 AM   #1
ligonierbill

CZ Shotguns

Are they all made in Turkey? Seems like they are held in low esteem, but I would like to hear from folks who shoot them. Particularly interested in their doubles.
Old December 28, 2014, 01:12 PM   #2
CockNBama

I have one...

Mine is a CZ Ringneck, which I've had for several months. The Ringneck is a SxS, and mine is in 28 gauge.

It's a good gun, made in Turkey by Huglu, and has a lot of the bells and whistles many are enthusiastic about. Single selective trigger, color case hardened receiver and interchangeable choke tubes.

Not fancy or high grade, but solid and fun to shoot. The 28 ga surprises me with its prowess in turning clays into dust.
Old December 28, 2014, 01:32 PM   #3
hodaka

I've been playing at 3 gun for the last year with a 712 utility. Works as well as the more expensive guns. At least for now. I've got about 4 cases of 7 1/2 and a box of 00 through it. I do keep it clean.
Old December 28, 2014, 03:27 PM   #4
Brutus

I also have a Ringneck, mines in 20ga., Had problems with it out of the gate, after a half dozen shots first time out the left barrel quit working. Sent it in for warranty work which took damn near five weeks.
Since I got it back the guns been flawless. Have about 800 rounds through it without a hiccup.
It's quickly becoming a favorite. Fast handling, action sized for a 20ga., 26" barrels, perfect setup for northwoods Grouse in heavy cover. Cost was just south of 1K. Everyone who tries it is impressed ( except for that first day).
Old December 29, 2014, 05:57 AM   #5
drcook

I have an acquaintance with a 16ga version. It functions well and is a good looking gun. There were no outward blemishes or appearances of shortcuts. The finish was very good.