The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 23, 2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Regulator911

Prairie Dogs 2012

We are starting to look for good places to hunt this year and I wanted to know what may be out there other than our regular places. We have shot in SD, CO and WY on both private and Indian reservations. Its hard to tell what areas are over hunted without talking to folks and what areas the towns are moving towards or away from. In the past we have been paying guides generally $100 a day although I would love to find a good ranch where we can make a deal with the farmers to help clear out their nuisance. In the past the guides have been hit or miss so I would rather just go it alone and spend the money on better ammo and accommodations.

Were really open to any state with high concentration of Black-Tail where suppressors are legal and relatively close to an airport.
Old January 30, 2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Dog Stone

We are also looking for a place for this year's PD hunt. We are also looking to go it alone and we are driving from Ohio.

We did a private hunt, no guide, last year in Wood and are looking for anyplace within a similar driving distance.

Good luck finding what you want and good shooting.