The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 22, 2013, 02:16 PM   #26
Skans

I'm tired of all the chatter about gun bans; wish none of this ever happened. But I'm not too tired to fight for my rights. I'm up for the battle - as long as it takes.

I can absolutely guaranty everyone one thing: For the next several election cycles, I will be a single issue voter: Gun-Owner Rights. Immigration, Debt, medicare, SS, healthcare, jobs, economy, abortion, etc. - none of that matters to me. I am officially a one-issue voter. And, I'll be watching and taking names.
Old January 22, 2013, 05:05 PM   #27
USAFNoDak

Magnum Mike:
Quote:
The problem is the misleading politicians and media.
Exactly. Listen to MM. The media is like Tokyo Rose, broadcasting each and every day how badly it's going for the pro second amendment supporters. The politicians are like the Japanese propagandists doing the same thing to our POW's when captured. We all know who ended up on the losing side. Remember Bill Murray's character in Stripes when they had to motivate themselves to complete their own training? He said something about "We're mongrols. We're misfits. Our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. But we're Americans!"
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.
Old January 23, 2013, 04:21 PM   #28
cen

Totally, almost like I don't know who to believe.
Old January 23, 2013, 04:25 PM   #29
BigD_in_FL

I found it easy to ignore (and keep my BP from zooming too high) by simply going shooting. Shot a tourney on Sunday, practice Tuesday and Wednesday, another tourney this Sat and Sun - with reloading in between and good games on the soccer channel, I haven't watched the news for several weeks. Keeps me from throwing things at the TV....... (but I am SERIOUSLY looking at places outside the US to move to for retirement)

Last edited by BigD_in_FL; January 24, 2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old January 23, 2013, 09:50 PM   #30
SPEMack618

I generally ignore the MSM, atleast the drivel on the idiot box, but I am starting to find the seeping of the gun debate, and the accompanying ignorance, into other facets of the internet disturbing.

In all honesty, it is getting to where my online time is spent either looking at used books on amazon or hanging out here,
Old January 24, 2013, 04:01 AM   #31
Ghost1958

Bro bundle up take a ride. After my bp hitting 175 over 102 it was time to do something. So warmest day I could catch took the old bike out for a spin, did some shootin in the back yard, felt a lot better afterwards.
Not that its not startin to hack me off all over again now though
Old January 24, 2013, 09:20 PM   #32
loltraktor1918

Oh for crying out loud, exhausted? Over this. Good lord I am not exhausted, I am motivated to keep our rights under the 2nd Amendment.