The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 27, 2008, 05:52 PM   #26
blindkid

I've never used these guys but I was looking around for an MG42 and I found this website for C&R guns. It says u get a working MG42 (did not specify Auto or semi) and a 200rd belt for 43.5K.
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/miscclass3/cr.html
Old March 27, 2008, 07:07 PM   #27
Beretta686

For $43,500 you may as well get an FFL, pay the $500/yr tax to be an SOT, make friends with the local PD or contribute to the sheriff's re-election campaign, so they'll want you to "demo" them and make a few bucks doing transfers for people, so that you can own post-samples (and prob have enough $$$ left over for a SAW & Glock 18 and a pile of ammo to keep to keep it company).

I know there has to be tons of these weapons in existance throughout the world (I hear their popular in Finland with collectors) so the price can't be too much. Hell, my CO had to crunch an StG44 in Iraq that was recovered from insurgents.

Plus if your a dealer than you don't have to worry as much about a stroke of a pen making your $43.5k prized toy into a hunk of metal.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old May 5, 2008, 06:57 PM   #28
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

The other side of the coin Berreta686:

The FFL fee is a tax, nothing more. At least when you buy a C&R gun, you have a TITLE, not a LICENSE. YOU OWN IT. No politician can revoke ownership, and it's a different thing to make an item illegal in the US and try to confiscate it. It seems easier to abolish FFL's and SOT's with a simple revokation. All the value of a C&R gun as it goes up in price goes to the owner. The downside is they are extremely expensive, and if you buy one, you will probably not be able to afford another. I own two myself, and though two isn't as many as the doaen beat up rewelds a few friends own, they are MINE. I don't pay for the priviledge of possessing them. To some of us, that distinction is worth something. Perhap it doesn't matter to those who only look at the pocketbook. Were it possible that more C&R guns would be registered through and amnesty of the closet hideaway relilc guns, then maybe the prices would be more reasonable. But reasonable is something politicians are not. And until a majority of voters want to kick an anti-gunner in the balls at the voting booth, that's where things will remain.