The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 1, 2015, 11:52 PM   #51
photographix

I'd second giving the Walther PPS a try.

Single stack, striker, and you can get a 9mm with a 6 round flush mag, a 7 round with small pinkie extension, and 8 round with a larger pinkie extension.

It also comes in .40 S&W, with the same choice of mags, but the round count is 1 less than the 9mm versions.

Has 2 changeable backstraps. My 5'1" daughter with small hands liked the smaller backstrap, and shot it just fine.
Old June 8, 2015, 09:40 PM   #52
TimW77

Small 9X19mm

Have not made a decision yet but...

I have sent PMs to many people...

For those who offered serious suggestions that I did not PM, I want to thank you also...

T.
Old June 8, 2015, 11:29 PM   #53
bungiex88

If you want something small Springfield xds in 9mm it already comes with night sights on it. I have the xds in 45 and it's tiny. It also comes with 2 mags a holster for the gun and a holster for the mags. The case is really nice and rugged it's even a better case then what I got with my kimber. I paid I think 500 out the door for mine I don't know what the average cost for the 9mm is.
Old June 9, 2015, 01:10 AM   #54
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungiex88
If you want something small Springfield xds in 9mm it already comes with night sights on it.
I agree that the XDS is a great little gun; it's really easy to shoot for such a compact pistol, especially in the 9mm version. Though I've never seen one that came from the factory with night sights. All the ones I've seen came with a fiber optic front and two white dots in the rear.
Old June 9, 2015, 11:49 AM   #55
DA/SA Fan

It depends on how you carry your BUG. Are you really looking for a micro? You say your 342 is a miserable beast to shoot. I think you will run into the same dislike with pretty much any 2 finger grip 9mm. Now if you need to carry your BUG on your ankle or in a pocket you will just have to live with a little beast. If you carry it IWB, or shoulder rig, or appendix, or small of the back, maybe you could go with something a little more reasonable to shoot. In that case I would be looking for something on the smallish side of compact size that's light weight. If you find that to be a reasonable course to follow I suggest checking out the Bersa thunder UC and a newer pistol on the scene, the Grand Power GP11. Here's a video review of the Grand Power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldavwc1WYfE

Last edited by DA/SA Fan; June 9, 2015 at 12:09 PM.