The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 17, 2011, 03:29 PM   #1
MikeyNico

old shotgun help

Looking to see if anyone can help me with the ID of year and how much this is worth.

Its a double barrel, 24 gauge. markings on it is, Gmorian Paris, 36 Avenue Delopera, POK 999.2, and i think serial number is 2785.

Thanks
Old January 17, 2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Wow, a 24 gauge!!

Dismount the barrels and either take a pic of the various marks thus revealed or describe them meticulously. That will give a better idea of what you have.

French guns are a world of their own, but there are some real gems around.

BTW, 24 gauge ammo and components are available from Ballistic Products and others, maybe Gamebore.

Good Luck!!
Old January 17, 2011, 08:04 PM   #3
pabuckslayer08

Post us up some pics, Im not an expert on any clue what its worth but would love to see it
Old January 19, 2011, 09:29 AM   #4
johnbt

I'm guessing it's G. Morian from what little I've found. One short post about a shotgun said they were probably mostly made in Belgium, but listed no other info or sources. Another post about a Morian tri-bore had pics of a very nice shotgun that the owner uses.

I can't decide if Morian made things, or was simply a retailer.

Mostly what I've found are references to really nice sword canes. This one is $600.

http://www.battermans.com/firearms-g...bamboo-35.html

I forgot to add the link to the tri-bore. Scroll down to the only two pics on the page.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/...=171049&page=1

Last edited by johnbt; January 19, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old January 19, 2011, 09:43 AM   #5
johnbt

I really need to cut this out and get back to work.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog....catalog&sort=0

Lot 261 (there is a pic)

Sold for $1800

"A high art, gold inlaid DA pocket size cartridge revolver, circa 1870’s-early 1890’s, approx. .32 cal., CF, double action hammerless with 1 1/2” barrel only 5 1/4” overall, blued finish, pearl grips, top of frame inlaid “G Morain B.te 36 Avenue de L’Opera, Paris” with old chamois-type purse holster, #2 visible on trigger. The revolver remains in fine to near excellent condition with approx. 85%-95% original blue just starting to drift and tone; near excellent grips; sharp markings, crisp overall showing little to no use and just some natural aging. The action is crisp; interior near excellent. The revolver is profusely gold inlaid in geometric motifs. The felt lined chamois-type purse holster is a generic type and not a perfect fit but appears to have been carried with this gun a long time and the holster is in good condition. Est.: $1,000-$2,000."
Old January 24, 2011, 09:30 PM   #6
merbenz

Rossi shot gun side by side exposed hammers

I have a Rossi shot gun 12GA 30in barrel Exposed Hammers Side by Side called a Coach gun I bought it back in the 7os and used about 2 times lightly and its in new condition less the box it came in .My question is
what is the value of my Old Shot Gun
Old January 24, 2011, 11:36 PM   #7
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

A couple hundred, merbenz.