The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 22, 2005, 07:48 PM   #1
King_pin

Brooksfield Precision Mount VS. A.R.M.S. mount for the M1A

Can anyone please tell me which mount is better and where I can find the Brooksfield precision mount? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, ty.
Old July 23, 2005, 12:18 PM   #2
ConRich

Brooksfield v/s ARMS Mount

I have been researching scope mounts for my M1A and so far this is what I have learned. I have the Springfield Armory mount on my M1A and I am not happy with it. It is much too high for a proper cheek weld. I have learned that the Brooksfield mount is no longer available but Sadlak is making that mount now.It is 1/4" lower than the Springfield mount and has been highly recomended They can be reached at www.sadlak.com. The lowest mount by far is the ARMS #18 mount, and it has been highly recomended. The new type ARMS mount has a full length rail.I think that I will order one of those. You can reach them at www.armsmounts.com. Also if you go to "THE ART OF THE RIFLE" forum on page 3 find the thread " OPTICS FOR M1A MODEL 21 TACTICAL RIFLE " you can see just how low the ARMS mount is. The mount pictured is the old type but I think it would be worth your time to read the thread. I hope this is helpful to you. Rich
Old July 23, 2005, 12:23 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Thanks ConRich. I might just buy a couple of those gas pistons for the M-14.