The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 7, 2001, 03:46 AM   #51
700PSS Shooter

TX200 and ProSport are the same powerplant. Pro Elite is more powerful. All three of the current versions have shrouded barrels.

Here is a dealer with the ProSport. It was oh so tempting. He had it in .177 with a walnut stock so it is more expensive, but lighter and prettier than beech. The website does not list the ProSport, but he has one as I looked at it and handled it.

BTW, his custom stockwork is simply perfect and elegant.

http://www.customwerksairgunning.com/index.shtml
Old December 10, 2001, 07:09 PM   #52
Silent Shadow

Does any major distributor sell the Pro Sport?

and any idea on the price? I see that in pounds is considerably more expensive...about a 100 pounds (300 bucks) I think.

So if they gave you the choice to choose one of the following airguns, which one which you choose? why?

Pro Sport
Pro Elite
TX200
Kodiak
RX-2

(all in .22 calibers)

Silent Shadow
Old December 10, 2001, 07:23 PM   #53
Navy joe

I have recently purchased a Gamo 220. Not the best out there, but a quality piece. Nice sights, more accurate than I am( will hit match heads at 10 paces if I really do my part). I am shooting indoors now, which is great practice, now everyday I can work on a little breath control, natural POA and the like. Phone books make great backstops and .45 brass is a great reactive target. Pellets penetrate both sides too. 1000 FPS in .177, using assorted GAMO pellets. 250 or so shots fired so far. 170 bucks a great value.
Old June 28, 2009, 11:12 AM   #54
Advocate4Good

The Gamo Aearo Shadow 1000

For years our family has been shooting many different types of rifles and handguns and the pellet rifle would not be the exception. However, I would be amiss if I didn’t bring up our experience of late. We purchased one of Gamo’s Aearo pellet rifles at $170. However, after a short while we found it necessary to call Aearo’s customer service explaining how three of us now have pinched fingers with small cuts. Their response was with little concerned while indicating their newer rifles would address these concerns, but we were stuck with our purchase. The second concern mentioned was the noise it made with each shot; one might as well shoot a .22 or shotgun for the noise generated. We tried to sell it but found no takers. We waited to see what their newer line would bring, expecting a much better trigger system along with a noise suppressor, which now became obvious, but the trigger was as before while costing considerably more!

If anyone’s been paying attention, most of these triggers systems are the gun’s weakest design, while being the noisiest of guns. We’ve decided to stay with the .22’s while giving the Gamo’s .177 away.
Old November 1, 2010, 11:55 AM   #55
Phixer

The only name you need to know

If you seek the best, there is only one

STEYR

Do the research and you will understand.

(Of course this excluedes custom made rifles)
Old November 1, 2010, 12:13 PM   #56
GeauxTide

IMHO, the Sheridan Blue Streak 20 caliber is the best value out there. Chronographed @ 785 and shoots through fence planks at 50 ft.