The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 3, 2015, 01:44 PM   #1
armoredman

To those interested in the new CZ Scorpion EVO S1, good news!

The AR buffer tube adapter kit is now available for a trifle under $80, and 30 round magazines are also available for the promised hair under $20 each, all at the CZ-USA online store! Woo hoo!
Old February 3, 2015, 04:47 PM   #2
Fishbed77

I thought this was going to be the good news that CZ had resolution to their 922(r) questions with the BAFTE and were now selling the EVO3 SMG stock.
Old February 3, 2015, 07:17 PM   #3
Mrgunsngear

Quote:
The AR buffer tube adapter kit is now available for a trifle under $80, and 30 round magazines are also available for the promised hair under $20 each, all at the CZ-USA online store! Woo hoo!

Indeed. I actually show it installed during my CZ Scorpion review here.
Old February 3, 2015, 11:46 PM   #4
armoredman

Sorry, no news from ATFE, but the kit that is so well shown off in the above video just went on sale today, along with the 30 round magazines. This morning there was 300 magazines...down to 64 a few minutes ago. Both went online for sale this morning, as opposed to the demo models sent to video producers. I don't make enough good quality videos, so i get mine later, rather than sooner.
Old March 24, 2018, 09:19 PM   #5
Adventurer 2

I know this is an old thread but my CZ Scorpion tale began about 3 years ago. I bought one of the first ones available. Shot about 50 rounds - hated it because the safety on right side was bashing my knuckle. Put it in the safe with the idea of making it a SBR. CZ came out w a safety replacement to address the knuckle bashing. Bought one (lost it somewhere in the house). Got discouraged as I was never able to order the 922R parts kit — they sell out immediately. Managed to buy the buffer tube assembly before it sold out. Saw the Tailhook in a magazine (they were always sold out). Finally managed to buy a tailhook - and now the ATF has decided the CZ is still a pistol w the tailhook installed so no need for 922R parts replacement. Filed the right side safety down AND FINALLY I love my CZ Scorpion.
Old March 25, 2018, 12:24 AM   #6
armoredman

Honestly I ended up filing my safety lever off, and never replaced it. After that shooting it was fun. The Tailhook is an excellent item - did you get the Gen1 or Gen2? There are actually a number of people making aftermarket gear for the Scorpion, like Shooters Element, and the excellent Manticore 32 round steel feed lip magazines that are sold through Prepper Gun Shop online.
Old March 25, 2018, 09:00 AM   #7
Adventurer 2

The first version. Unfortunately I currently live in a state that no longer allows ordering of hi-cap magazines.