The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 3, 2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Deegle

PPK/S trigger malfunction - very odd

Hi Everyone,

I put about 250 rounds through my Interarms PPK/S today. At one point, for about 8-10 rounds, when I squeezed the trigger (in single action) nothing would happen. There was a round in the pipe, and the hammer was back all the way. But I would just hear a "click" and then nothing - no bang. The trigger would go back as it should, but the hammer would not release. After this brief issue, the gun functioned flawlessly for the next 100 rounds - until I finished up for the day.

Any ideas?
Old May 3, 2008, 09:15 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I suspect the trigger spring or the trigger bar spring might have broken or jumped out of the trigger bar. When that happens the gun will usually work, but engagement will not be as positive.

If you feel up to it, get a diagram then take off the grips and take a look at those springs.

It is also possible the slide was not going fully into battery and the trigger bar was not engaging the sear. Failure to go into battery could be caused by the ammo, dirt in the chamber, general crud in the gun, etc.

Jim
Old May 5, 2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Deegle

Thanks a lot, I'll check that out.