The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old March 29, 2009, 10:23 AM   #1
georgiaboy47

What are your favorite Rental Firearms?

What are some popular rental firearms that you like at your ranges? I know that most of us have our own firearms, but I jsut am wondering what are some good ones to offer to people who come onto the range. I do want to implement cleaning the guns used after every use on the range. Whether or not this works, we'll see, but I just wanted some ideas to put out on my range.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old March 29, 2009, 10:31 AM   #2
vsgonzo

something that can make a barrel start glowing red ??? lol
Old March 29, 2009, 10:39 AM   #3
THEZACHARIAS

The kind of stuff people would be interested in buying for themselves and are looking to do a test run. That, and the really cool ones that we cant afford to buy or shoot, but want to try out once or twice anyway.
Old March 29, 2009, 11:21 AM   #4
Superhouse 15

Rentals

For true beginners, we have a couple Walther P22s, a 622 S&W, and a MK II Ruger that get tons of use. A couple of Taurus 94s in .22 compliment the semi autos and are what most people use to fire for the "qualification" for the CCW class. We get a fair amount of foreign tourists and such and they enjoy the 629, the Taurus Raging Bull and the Desert Eagle .44. That DE and a MAC 11 semi auto get a lot of use by another segment of the gun rental market. You know who they are. Some who have been in the military shoot the Beretta 9mm and the 1911. Some security guards and the kids in cop school shoot the 4" .38s. The rest shoot mostly Glocks or the variety of snub revolvers.

Least rented: The Beretta 96 DAO, a super accurate gun if you can manage the trigger pull. Most don't care to try it, I plan on trying to buy it off the boss.