The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 19, 2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Greg Di

New scope hits iron sight CZ452

I'm trying to mount a Simmons 22 Mag AO scope on my 452. The included rings do not raise the front objective high enough to NOT hit the adjustable rear sight on the rifle.

Are there dovetail rings available that give additional vertical clearance? How are they measured? I want to be sure I get tall enough rings to clear everything.

Thanks!
Old November 23, 2007, 02:17 PM   #2
Northgardener

CZ452 Scope Mounting

I have a 452 with same scope. The dovetail on the cz452 is not a standard 3/8" unless you have the American model. The other models all have a dovetail that is 11mm. Second, the iron sights, which are quite excellent, are worth keeping. I think you both can't and don't want to use the rings that came with the scope. Most CZ452 owner's (including me) buy a standard height BKL 257 rings. Millett also makes medium and tall 11mm rings that will work. You can search for all on google. BTW, the scope is great for me so far..really pleased.
Old November 23, 2007, 02:44 PM   #3
chris in va

Smaller scope or use genuine CZ rings. They're high though and aren't cheap.
Old November 24, 2007, 10:01 PM   #4
RussB

I removed the rear sight on my 452, which is very simple. Just push down (hard) on the front of the sight (where the pivot pins are) and slide the whole assembly rearward...comes right out!

I also mounted a scope with the BKL 257 11mm rings, which are a direct fit on these CZ's.

BKL 257