The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 18, 2012, 03:10 AM   #1
lefkosia

CZ 75B 30th Anniversary

I am contemplating selling my CZ 75B 30th Anniversary Edition and really don't know what it is worth. It is NIB and has never been fired although I would like to. Anyway, suggestions as to what it is worth are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by lefkosia; September 18, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old September 18, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2
lefkosia

OK, I went to a gun dealer and he showed me the values in this thick book. The top value was $850 for NIB. Is this reasonable?
Old September 19, 2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Walt Sherrill

My one-year old Fjestad Blue Book shows $875.

That's a commemorative gun, and they always have higher prices NEW, and sometimes hold their value.

If you plan to shoot it, it's just a pretty 75B, and it's too costly. For just a bit more, you can get a nicely-tuned CZ-75B from the CZ Custom Shop, and it'll be far more fun to shoot.

If you plan to keep it unfired, the price is probably fair, but arguably a poor "investment."
Old September 19, 2012, 09:51 AM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
If you plan to shoot it, it's just a pretty 75B, and it's too costly. For just a bit more, you can get a nicely-tuned CZ-75B from the CZ Custom Shop, and it'll be far more fun to shoot.
I thought he was selling it...
Maintain situational awareness
Old September 19, 2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Walt Sherrill

Selling it...

He was. I misread.

But the points I made remain valid. If he can find a buyer interested in a Commemorative, the price he's asking for an unfired 30th anniversary is in line. The original MSRP was almost $1,000. Probably made in 1999.

He need to make a big deal of the "unfired" condition, original box, etc., etc. (and if its unfired, I'm sure he has all of that.)

He'd probably do best by trying to sell in on one of the Gun Auctions, with a high reserve. I'd try it on the CZ Forum, too -- http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=6.0
Old September 20, 2012, 12:12 AM   #6
lefkosia

Thanks for the replies. I feel more confident in the price and will be able to stay firm in my negotiations now.

Yes, this gun is NIB and has the certificate, target they used when sighting at the factory,dummy load etc. The finish on this gun is magnificent!

When I sell it I probably will take the money and buy another CZ to shoot. I've always wanted one and now that I have it I can't shoot. Funny how things happen.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:22 PM   #7
lefkosia

I now have a buyer for my CZ 30th Ann' and am having second thoughts. The reason being CZ's like the 75bd are hard to find and I want one in my collection. Is this a temporary thing or are they just hard to get?
Old September 26, 2012, 08:07 PM   #8
marine6680

CZs are imported, so the supply is more sporadic... they will come in stock again soon enough.
Old September 26, 2012, 11:09 PM   #9
lefkosia

Here a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz 30th.jpg (3.8 KB, 94 views)
Old September 27, 2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Walt Sherrill

You mentioned the BD, but YOURS doesn't seem to be a BD. It appears to have the normal safety -- at least that's what seems to be the case in the photo, which can't be enlarged much without loss of definition.

They do come in, and you could probably get one more quickly by ordering through the CZ Custom Shop, which seem to have an ability to get the unusual models.
Old September 30, 2012, 04:53 AM   #11
lefkosia

Yes, when I got mine I bought a few guns at once and this was part of the package. However, I like decocker models as my kids shoot with me and I just feel it is a safety issue.

I'll check out CZ Customs website. Thanks for the info.
Old October 3, 2012, 11:24 PM   #12
lefkosia

I sold it for more than we all thought possible. The right buyer found me and purchased it for $1000. Either I got lucky or gun values are going up. Either way I am very happy.
Old October 11, 2012, 08:41 PM   #13
hAkron

I collect CZ's but I've never had much interest in the commeritive versions. I'm glad you were able to get a good price for your's.