The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 12, 1999, 12:09 AM   #1
mhannah1

I went to the Albany (Oregon) Full Auto Winter Fun Shoot today, and BOY was it fun !
There was a crowd of about 150 people on hand, and there was everything imaginable there. I personally shot an AK-47, Tommy Gun,
UZI, 1919, and a M-16. My 19 year old son fired all those and a full auto Glock 17.
There was a guy there with a BIG (loud) 50 caliber Browning, and that thing was awesome.
I was also very impressed with the range officers of the Albany Pistol & Rifle Club.
They made sure everybody had hearing and eye protection, and were very observent in making sure everybody was observing safe gun handling procedures.

One thing I did notice was the number of times the weapons jammed. The M-16/Ar-15's were the most frequent jammers, and most of the other guns jammed occasionaly. The AK-47's however, never seemed to fail. Makes you wonder about the designs our military uses versus what the communist (or former communist) countries use for their military.

Now all I have to do is talk my wife into letting me spend a little (LOT) for some full auto fun of my own.
Old December 12, 1999, 12:30 AM   #2
blades67

We don't call the M16 "Jammin' Jenny" because it's reliable now do we?

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~
Old December 12, 1999, 11:55 AM   #3
SIG

Sounds like a good time. The Glock-17 you mentioned was either a Glock-18 or a G-17 modified to Rock-n-Roll.

G-18's are rare in US.

Like Full-auto? Go to http://www.panix.com/~ericl/index.html

He's got a few Full Auto conversions you would love.