The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 8, 2013, 12:58 PM   #26
Onward Allusion

Tried it with a PF9 & a P11. Couldn't work for me. I guess it depends on a person's size and whether they want to dress around the gun or what kind of job they have. Me - I rather carry something 24x7 and not notice that it's even there as compared to carrying something most of the time and have to dress around it.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:01 PM   #27
dogspit

LC9

Another vote for the LC9
Old February 8, 2013, 01:05 PM   #28
Microgunner

I pocket carried a Kahr PM9 for awhile and found it just a little too big for ease of draw.

When I swithched to a belt holster I found I could carry a larger handgun just as easily.

Finding a niche for the well made PM9 proved to be difficult.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:14 PM   #29
Groundhog34

I have or have had most of the above mentioned "pocket" pistols and find that the Rohrbaugh is the smallest, highest quality and highest priced small 9mm.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:49 PM   #30
Hoosier_Daddy

You know, it is hard enough for me to get my cell phone out of my pants (shorts, jeans, slacks) pocket, I can't imagine how hard it would be for a pocket pistol. I carry IWB the majority of the time. I've had to turn into slob and wear shirts untucked but that is the lifestyle I have chosen in order to CC.
Cold weather time is easy by wearing fleece vests, sweaters, untucked shirts.
I am starting to think I should switch to shoulder holster but haven't felt the pressure to do so, yet.
My wife never for the last year has not noticed my IWB PPS or M&P 9c. She was surprised one night when we went to dinner with our neighbor and he naively but proudly stated that he got his CPL and was carrying. My wife mentioned that she was surprised that he was carrying and then I informed them that I was too. She had no clue
Moral of this long winded story: nobody says anything bout CC. Either they don't notice or they choose not to comment. I personally feel that they don't notice.
Old February 8, 2013, 02:07 PM   #31
breakingcontact

Quote:
Moral of this long winded story: nobody says anything bout CC. Either they don't notice or they choose not to comment. I personally feel that they don't notice.
I know I'm always looking, but very rarely see any signs of people carrying.

Well, there was the time at a sporting goods store, guy was doing his business and his pistol/holster was sitting on the floor with his pants!
Old February 8, 2013, 04:50 PM   #32
Hans

Thanks for the comments.

I can't quite afford the Rorbaugh, which does seem like the perfect solution. Due to several reasons, concealability will be the most important factor in my choice.

I'll have to try out some of the 9mm's next time I'm at my LGS and see if it's feasible.

Thanks again.
Without the 2nd Amendment, none of the others would exist.