The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 11, 2008, 08:46 PM   #1
alloy

El Paso Saddlery

ever order from them when the order had to be put together special? meaning not in stock, and carved. im not in a rush, running over a while is no problem.

any first hand experiences pro or con?

thanks...
Old October 12, 2008, 02:52 PM   #2
20nickels

Just bought one of their pancake holsters

everything is made to order and it took 3 wks. Highly recommended. Additionally I have an interchangable front sight. I noted in their "additional comments" order box to make the sight channel more generous and they did this perfectly.
Old October 13, 2008, 06:18 AM   #3
alloy

perfect thanks 20 nickels...thats better than i was hoping for. 3 weeks is nothing in my business.

am wanting a sunday go to meeting carved holster, belt, and mag pouch which nearly totals enough to buy another gun they have what i need listed...and it took me a while to narrow it down to them and one other company who doesnt have exactly what i want.
just didnt want to enter into a nightmare. the only i-net story i could find was less than flattering but you know how that goes...anyone can say anything with nothing backing it up.

on another note, i just ordered a mag pouch from cheaper than dirt, and won a street combat holster on ebay. so i will know more about the quality this week hopefully. the custom rig is for a diff pistol.

anyone else got a reassuring positive experience?
Old October 13, 2008, 08:37 PM   #4
jfruser

I have heard nothing but good things about EPS quality & customer service. My co-worker will buy nothing else.

I plan to have them make my "BBQ Rig" after I get S&W to factory polish my 4" 629.
Old October 15, 2008, 09:51 PM   #5
20nickels

I bought from there largely based on the positive comments and sheer quality for the money you spend. Admittedly I do not own a more expensive holster, but I can't imagine one being much better built or doing more than this one. Maybe one that draws itself and shoots BG's for you?
Old October 15, 2008, 10:04 PM   #6
alloy

picked this up off ebay a few days ago and like i said cheaper than dirt had a matching single stack pouch for about 20 bux.

so hopefully in the next few days i will see some of this stuff myself......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full size street combat.jpg (21.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg el paso 5 street combat.jpg (17.7 KB, 68 views)
Old October 23, 2008, 12:43 AM   #7
Svashtar

I bought a full George S. Patton commemorative working rig from them for a Ruger Old Model SA years ago. Beautiful work. I ordered a matching officers belt as well. First class customer service. Unfortunately I don't think they got all of the tannins out of the leather, and the brass work turned green in storage and stained the beautiful brown leather of the belt.

I've since learned that the brass studs or other metal work can be coated prior to install in the leather that will help prevent this from happening. In any case, if you keep an eye on it you can prevent this from getting out of hand.

Despite this experience I would buy from them again.
Old October 24, 2008, 11:51 PM   #8
NormOps

All leather has tannins or chemicals of some kind left in it. that's what makes it leather, instead of rawhide, and keeps it from rotting.
As a result, all leather can possibly have some kind of corrosive effect on metal. That is why it is not advisable to us your leather holster or knife sheath for storage (particularly with unblued non stainless steel)
As far as El Paso Saddlery, I have a buddy who swears by their stuff, so does his dad.

Eli W.