The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 18, 2004, 02:47 AM   #1
Danindetroit

Bullet seating dies for rifles

What brands, or types do you like. I use a lee die, and it doesn't lock into place. It looks like RCBS does. Ithought I saw others, that had calibration marks. Do the ones that have just screw thread as accurate, as the others?
Old December 18, 2004, 10:53 AM   #2
bikenjam

I use a redding comp. die. The big think i like about it is that you don't have to play around with a skrew to find the right seating dept when switching from different bullets. Also, the redding die surrounds the case better than most others so the bullets goes in the case perfect. I'm not sure if this makes much of a difference, but many people have told me so. I have also worked with RCBS dies and they seem to work fine. I only use one type of bullet in my 22-250 and it shoots great. and like you said, the lee's dont have a locking ring which really sucks, so i quit using them.
Old December 18, 2004, 11:19 AM   #3
Danindetroit

Thanks