The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 27, 2015, 04:26 PM   #51
stagpanther

LOL==made my day mountaineer. Generally, the older I get the bigger things get--except, well, I'll leave it at that. hah hah
Old May 28, 2015, 10:56 AM   #52
Gunplummer

WVMountaineer: Been going down to WV for over 20 years. I shot maybe two deer that were about 140 pounds. I sometimes run over to the check station where the Game Commission is weighing and am usually within 8-10 pounds on my weight guess. One year my buddy shot a 4 point (Pretty nice rack) and it was the smallest body I ever saw on a buck down there. About 3 years later I shot a 6 point in the same area and I just grabbed the feet, picked it up and set it in the truck bed. Same area I shot the 140 plus pound deer. Genetics? I shot a button buck in PA once that was almost 80 pounds field dressed. Weird stuff sometimes.
Old June 17, 2015, 02:43 AM   #53
BIG P

WV Mountaineer,If a 200 lb.Deer is as big as a tank ya'll must have some pretty small tanks also.YEP I see what you mean we need scales BAD.