The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 18, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1
jmortimer

Remington Marlin H&R Brought to You by Taurus

Since the Brazilian economy is doing just fine and because private equity company is afraid to sell guns, meet the new boss:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...te-brazil.html

BTW, I think a much better fit would be S&W. Quality would improve hopefully, especially at Marlin. That would make S&W a full service company.

Last edited by jmortimer; January 18, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old January 19, 2013, 02:55 AM   #2
prism

I am hoping Ruger buys those brands.
Old January 19, 2013, 09:45 AM   #3
jmortimer

Ruger needs the shotguns and lever guns and why not H&R as well. The main overlap is the bolt actions. I would love to see Ruger make the move. Taurus not so much.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Fishing_Cabin

I think it would probably work well for Taurus to get some, or many parts of Remington/Marlin/H&R...Would give Taurus a good shotgun and centerfire rifle line, as well as a good solid, well liked (at least locally here) rimfire line with Marlin.

I dont know how good a fit it would be for Ruger though. Yes, the pump and semi-auto shotguns would be a compliment, as would the lever action Marlins...With Ruger I see a huge conflict of interest with the Remington/Marlin rimfire line-up. I dont see how Ruger could keep their existing lineup and bring Marlins line-up in as well. Many of the folks who have Marlin model 60's may not be same folks who would buy a 10/22 if the model 60 is dropped, so it would be interesting to say the least. Same with Remintons bolt action rifle line.
Old January 19, 2013, 02:35 PM   #5
loltraktor1918

Seems to me Smith and Wesson or Colt would be a good go. I would not mind Savage buying the companies up. I am not so sure about Taurus though.